Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • CV advice please
  • BlobOnAStick

Hi.

I'm refreshing my CV 20 years after graduating (although it's only 5 since I last updated it) and wondered:

1) is it still the done thing to put the 'personal statement' thingy at the top of page 1 (you know the type of thing:"A dynamic manager who is competent at all levels of the organisation and willing to bend over and take it like a man etc etc…." :roll:)

2) do people still list interests and hobbies? It Seems a bit twee to me these days, but I don't know what I'd fill the space with!

Your comments please?

Ben

tron
    Free Member

Yes and yes.

I recommend buying "Perfect CV" by Eggert. It's a nice short sharp guide to writing that bilge. 😆

BlobOnAStick

Oh, that's a shame.

I suffer from an attack of modesty whenever I try and write a personal statement and end up with something like "I'm just a bloke, y'know?" Anything else seems a bit w^nky.

I'll go and look up Eggert.

Thanks very much!

Ben

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I suffer from an attack of modesty whenever I try and write a personal statement

If you write the truth (as long as you're not putting yourself down too much) it'll probably stand out amongst the usual rubbish people write!

tron
    Free Member

You obviously suffer from the Dunning Kruger effect.

Which suggests you are competent, so get blowing that trumpet 😆

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘CV advice please’ is closed to new replies.