Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cut Gate – Anyone done it recently
  • gizzardman
    Free Member

Off to try Cut Gate tomorrow for the first time and wondered what the conditions are like? I've heard it can get pretty boggy but with the recent good weather we've had was hoping it will be a good ride?

Also, what's the best route to do? I've planned on starting off from Fairholmes and doing the out, loop and back. 28km all i think. Is there a better one or should i stick wioth this?

Cheers chaps (and gals!)

hora
    Free Member

I rode it last week, from the Fairholmes side up the first proper climb (past the paving slabs) it was really silty/wet/boggy for the first few miles onwards. Peeved me abit as you couldnt get any proper momentum going until you hit a baby-sized rock which stopped you.

However -the weather wants pants the few days before that. You've got some good sun so you'll be fine! 😀

Andy-W
    Free Member

Not too sure about the conditions but i have always gone from Langsett as i like the run back down that way to finish off with

Have fun !!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nbt

I would say that Langsett is a better starting point than Fairholmes

amodicumofgnar

On the Langsett side, it was a lot wider than people seem to be remembering.

Before, 2007:

After, 2009:

tombell1989
    Free Member

Just rode it this morning – it is perfect.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Thanks for the info.

Rode this for the first time today (Sat). It is very good. Does feel a bit CyB in places!!

Conditions were good. The weather and views fantastic especially with noone else around. A nice early start.

Paul

peakmonster
    Free Member

should be ok, just watch out for the masses of rude southerners on a day out 🙄

twang
    Free Member

Rode it today too and its DRY!…fantastic ride, sooooo fast down to Langsett. Best ride I've had for a long time

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cut Gate – Anyone done it recently’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts