Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Custom Kids Bike Poison ZYANKALI 24"
  • sharkguru78
    Free Member

I was looking for a good Mtb for my Son to race with a bit different then a Islabikes that was light and fun to ride.
    So i come across this frame from Poison (Germany company) so i decided to have a go and this are the result.
    Finish bike with pedals just over 8 KG

sharkguru78
    Free Member

matt_outandabout

That looks ace – pics of it being ridden now!

sharkguru78
    Free Member

yes he did 2 races in 2 days the past weekend .. 😀

gravitykids
    Free Member

I’m looking to start a (slow) build for my daughter’s next bike and was struggling to find a decent frame. This one looks like it’s got lots of potential.
    Did it come with the fork or did you buy that separately?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Looks nice.. what wheels are they?

sharkguru78
    Free Member

come with the fork and you can choose also to have a suss fork (Spinner Grind) the reasons why i choose the rigid are
    1) save weight 2) He already have an Islabikes Creig 24

the frame is 1550kg only

ads678

Looks great, can see me buying one of those and only €50 extra for the suss forks.

I’d also like to know what wheels you’ve used, as i’ve been thinking of getting the superstar DHX 24 but thought they might be over kill although not that heavy.

gravitykids
    Free Member

Just checked out their site.

199Euro for frame and fork is a decent price. Might even spend the extra 50Euro and go for a custom colour.

I’ll definitely go rigid to start then upgrade to an RST F1RST in future if I want to go that way.

Cheers for sharing the info sharkguru.

sharkguru78
    Free Member

no problem gravitykids, yeah defo the Rst first1 is the way to go for a decent fork, the spinner it not so good as.

the reason why i didn’t went for the custom color is becouse i was not sure about the frame i just took the risk. but yes if i will made another one i will choose a different color.
    probably i would have bought the frame only and add a carbon fork 🙄

frame is a bit long compare to the other frames but you can easily adjust the size of the stem (i used a 45mm) and straight seatpost.

Happy Building 😀

gravitykids
    Free Member

It does look long, but as you say, there are ways to get round that.

sharkguru78
    Free Member

its a proper racing bike for kids 😆

igm

That’ll be half the weight on my son’s Stinky 2-4 then.

Nice.

(If a bit less bouncy)

How does it compare to a Beinn 24 then? Weight, price, geometry, size etc?

sharkguru78
    Free Member

let me check the geometry this evening, cost bit less then a new islabikes 24 beinn and is far better and lighter. Feels like a proper Mtb and the frame can handle proper trails and jumps.

tomlevell

Nice.
    Bookmarked as it’s probably far less faff than trying to find a second hand 24″ frame.

To be fair to the Beinn they are an all rounder rather than a MTB.

sharkguru78
    Free Member

Islabikes are great bikes don’t get me wrong we got a Creig 24, beautiful bike. All depends what you need it for.

jwh
    Free Member

Are they islabike rims?

Not found any suitable 24″ rims apart from sunn rhyno ones or opssible some BXM race ones… but they need to be 32 hole to fit some existing hope hubs!

tomlevell

If you can find them Stans Crest in 24″.
    Don’t ask how much :0)

gravitykids
    Free Member

Looking at an old thread on singletrack, sugdenr managed to get his hands on some AlexRims Ace-20 24″ 32h. At about 400g a hoop, they’re not too bad. You’ll need to send him a message for details on how to get a set.

Link to thread here.

I’ve got some old Arrow FRX 24″ 32h rims on bulb hubs that I’m going to be using on my 24″ build. (Beautiful wheels, just a shame that the rims are a bit weighty at 540g!)

groovyholmes
    Free Member

Hi! I’m interested in the riders size, and how is it fitting him? I’ve been looking the same frame for my boy

ade9933
    Free Member

Nice. Photos not showing for me for some reason.

We went for the HOY 24 Bonaly and put the RST forks & some rocket rons on – kids love ’em nice and light, good build been fine for BPW / Alps and general UK trails.

Good luck.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Custom Kids Bike Poison ZYANKALI 24"’ is closed to new replies.