Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Custom frame adjustable drop out options
  • Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

What is available in terms of pivoting adjustable dropouts, I’m thinking something like those on the salsa el-mariachi?

Or maybe something like the fixed position adjusters on a whyte 19.

Paragon sliders are my backup option.

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

I put a response on this thread which may be helpful.

If you want any more info you can email me, matt@18bikes.co.uk

Matt

thepodge
    Free Member

track ends, simple and effective

singlespeedstu
    Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

Thanks all, very helpful.

Matt, just drawing up my wishlist then I’ll be in touch.

andyl
    Free Member

Definitely get some sliding vertical ones with a sliding disc mount to keep everything set up perfectly. Can’t stand slotted disc mounts. Cheap and nasty.

simon1975

A problem I had with the sliders on my Konas is that the dropout itself ISN’T vertical, so the wheel can pull forward and out under high chain loads. Even with a nutted axle! And that can hurt, it also makes you look stupid if you’re setting off from the lights with a queue of rush-hour traffic behind you…

The reason for the slight angle forwards is so that you can remove the wheel without forcing the chain off.

If I were having a custom frame made for SS and disc brake, I’d be looking for a donor Inbred to re-use it’s cheap-but-brilliantly simple “slot dropouts” aka track-ends. Moving the caliper once in a while isn’t a great trauma – how often do you envisage adjusting the chain tension? I adjust my PC870’s about 3 times over their lives (which must be 4 to 6 months at a guess).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Custom frame adjustable drop out options’ is closed to new replies.