Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Custom coloured/built Chumba XCL and EVO, what you think?
  • si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

They were both part of a limited production run that we used for staff test bikes. They were both ridden for less than 2 months and come with a full factory warranty. Both frames were manufactured in-house in our factory in Anaheim. Ted Tanouye, our frame fabricator and designer built these bikes from scratch. One is a XCL with straight-gauge tubing and a rear triangle that is a little beefier than the standard XCL. The XCL is a sized medium and comes with either a 2009 RP23 or a 2009 DHX Air. The other frame is a Freeride Edition EVO. This is a Large sized frame and is ideal for riders 5’10 to 6’1. It offers a slack seat angle to mimick DH style geometry and comes standard with a Fox DHX Coil. This EVO also uses straight gauge tubing and CNC machined parts we made in-house. They are pretty beefy – and built for abuse. Let us know what you think!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

where?

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

mmmm, i can see the images, i’ll try again!

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i love the XCL!!! looks simple love it!!!

julianwilson
    Free Member

I like the colour.
    XCL looks very sensible in comparison to these swoopy ‘boiled sweet’ tye xc frames. Which is a good thing.
    What would the cost implications be of having swappable (ie 135, 150, maxle) dropouts on the evo?

wiiija
    Free Member

I want that XCL!

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Colour is nice!

Why no 12mm bolt up on the Evo!?

Are they for sale, and if so whats the prices like?

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

Not sure of the cost implication on the custom built stuff as yet, Chumba are getting back to me as soon as.

The 2 frames pictured are for sale, and they are the only 2 US built Chumba’s currently available anywhere in the world, so i should think they will be sold quick, however, Chumba have just said that if i want them i can have them.

Both frames come in at £1079, which i think is a bit of a bargain, so get your monies out 🙂

wiiija
    Free Member

Anybody want an 09 EX9 frame lol

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

Just had a quick word with Chumba, and they have reduced the price to me by $100, so if anyone is interested ill do the frames for £999.

brakes
    Free Member

they look about 5-6 years out of date to me

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

brakes, thanks for the feedback, ill pass it on to Chumba, maybe they will license the DW link or something eh 😉

mikey74
    Free Member

Damn they look nice. Shame I bought a Banshee Rune at the end of last year :0), wouldn’t want to swap it though, as I love it.

Hairychested
    Free Member

The bottom one looks fine, I’m undecided on the top one. I can test ride it for you for free if it helps with your business. Or get me 5 of them and all my trainers will ride them to work – free advertising for you 😉

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

The XCL is sold (probably) and i have managed to get the EVO for even less money, so if anyone fancies this one off EVO it could be yours for £899, with a brand new DHX coil!

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

anybody want this EVO, i have until 3 ish today to let Chumba know if i want the frame, so please help me feed the kids (i dont actually have kids, but i do have a dog) and buy this fab frame 🙂

here is a pic of the poor underfed dog

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

JUST in case anyone was interested to see what the EVO looked like built up here you go

still for sale 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Classifieds?

walleater

Surely the top and down tubes have been welded in the wrong place??

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Custom coloured/built Chumba XCL and EVO, what you think?’ is closed to new replies.