Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • very very new members selling stuff.
  • Wally

Is it only me that runs a mile when I see they have joined just to sell the item and have no history – limited though it can be. Two examples in the last 5 mins.

sc-xc

No one has any history any more.

ton

to be honest, i only buy off names i see on a regular basis on the forum.

never had a reason to complain either.

Wally

By very new I mean the advert is their only post.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Buyer beware

WildHunter2009

As one of these very very new members i can see how it looks odd. Been reading the forums for ages just never felt the need or urge to contribute. Hello anyway…..

ton

WildHunter2009

hello mate
    i wll buy from you in a month or so 😉

grizzlygus
    Free Member

never felt the need or urge to contribute. Hello anyway…..

Hello.

Don’t be shy 😐

WildHunter2009

Month or so… dammit. Thank god for credit cards then. Is it best to drain the air out of a shock for storage or does it not matter?

Filthy
    Free Member

Its one of the reasons I never bothered trying to sell anything on the new forum, different user name from my old one and dont really post much these days.

Wally

You have a FS – you’ll never sell that here! 😉

tomzo
    Free Member

Meh, I sold a camera here the other week to Saxonrider, who i couldn’t remember seeing on the old forum.

Deal went fine, so he’d defo get an "a*********" ebay rating from me.

In general, if they seem honest/knowledgeable/interested enough, i think its a reasonably fair bet that they are either from the old forum with new names or just lurkers.

bruneep

Wally – Member

Is it only me that runs a mile when I see they have joined just to sell the item and have no history – limited though it can be. Two examples in the last 5 mins.

Hora’s PSA

WildHunter2009

Love my heckler far far to much to ever sell it, just trying to offload the air can so i can justify the coil to myself a bit more. I gave up on my ss after moving back to the chilterns. My knees cant handle it.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’m a fan of the 100 posts to be able to post to classified thing that other forums use

mikewsmith
    Free Member

were all new here again

john_walker74
    Free Member

Yeah, since the new forum and the balls up with the account setup emails not being sent a lot of people will have little ‘history’ on this new forum… Just ask the right questions, you can usually get a feel as to whether they are being honest.

aracer
    Free Member

Meh, I sold a camera here the other week to Saxonrider, who i couldn’t remember seeing on the old forum.

Yeah, but you’re not generally taking so much of a risk when selling (unless I’ve misunderstood how people pay for things).

theboatman
    Free Member

The only item I’ve ever purchased that I have been disappointed with was from a regular, and I got no response to an email expressing my disappointment. I’ve pulled out of transactions before based on gut feeling, cause by a variety of things, but generally tone of communication. When I sell I happily offer a refund on anything I sell so the buyer is only risking postage, and tend to be very honest in my descriptions. The classifieds by nature are based on trust, and fortunately ime most people are trust worthy, but it is buyer beware.

Onzadog
    Free Member

This is interesting as I’ve joined visor down with the sole intention of selling my Rukka waterproofs and my wolf kangaroo leathers simply because I thougth I’d get a better response for kit like that than i would on e-bay. However, if they think like that, I’m not going to have much luck am I?

andym
    Free Member

Yes but they might also be offering a very very good bargain.

Besides being someone who posts frequently on the forum doesn’t mean you are reliable.

MussEd
    Free Member

Since the hack there’s no real way of telling who’s been on here how long though, is there? Obviously some names are familiar and recognisable but others don’t mean much. Not being a troll here but can’t ever remember Wally before now. Would i buy from you? Probably. You probably don’t recognise my user name.

Only time I’ve been let down is by a regular who leapt on the chance of some free giveaways but never even acknowledged he’d received them or gave any thanks. He was then pulled up by someone else for the same thing and for trying to sell crappy old tops and tee shirts for profit, don’t see his name much on new classified although I’m sure he still uses them.

Just goes to show, doesn’t matter how long folk have been on here, there’ll always be piss-takers…

Rolls
    Free Member

Completely agree with buyer beware..
    I’ve met a dew of the guys from here in Verbier (scruff and co), but don’t really post mych myself, except to buy / sell bits.
    Have always put my work email addie on, which I should be able to reply to almost straight away no-matter what the time, and should also give people buying stuff a little bit of confidence..
    Also, its all very well saying you need 100 posts before being able to sell stuff, but that doesn’t mean that simply becuase you have x number of posts you’re trustworthy..l.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘very very new members selling stuff.’ is closed to new replies.