Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Cube Fritzz owners
  • chiefP
    Free Member

As posted above, hand tight is fine.

smogmonster

Now then all, sorry for resurrecting this thread, i thought i’d update you on the bend in the chainstay..i sent the pics to Hargroves where i got the bike from, who in turn sent them to Cube, and within 2 weeks i had a whole new lower stay section. So great service from them and Cube. Theyve got me as a future customer again with service like that.

kylemalco
    Free Member

This is for cubemeup did the p30 fit fine I purchased an old iscg/bb mount drs which wont fit as it hits the frame

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s a nice result Smogmonster.

🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve built a Cube Stereo with 160mm forks (all I had available), so I guess that makes it a sort of FrankenFritz. looks nice, but not ridden it yet.

chakaping
    Free Member

Do let us know what you reckon when you do ride it Nana.

Looks nice and stealthy in black.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

B.A.Nana

Interested in that cable routing to the rear mech – were you having shifting issues? See you also have a fancy inner on the interrupted section at the seatstay – what product is that?

Cheers

HB

RagTi
    Free Member

A friend has got a 2010 Fritzz and he has had major problems with the rear mech dissapearing into his rear wheel, both results were disastrous. The second happened within 15 minutes of landing in Morzine. He has had the bike sorted under warranty and has now got chain tensioners galore!. He loves it.

Plenty of people on here saying the same, I have a couple of tensioners up on ebay as we speak 😆 😆 😆 😆

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DCD-Daves-Chain-Device-plain-alloy-Mk-2-version-/200579559920?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item2eb37931f0

cubemeup
    Free Member

the p30 is running well bud

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Heather Bash

Interested in that cable routing to the rear mech – were you having shifting issues?

Hey HB, have I routed the cables incorrectly? I’m not sure what you mean? I bought the frame and fitted everything, so I was just guessing with alot of stuff, including cable routing. I wasn’t having shifting issues setting it up in my ‘bike room’, but haven’t actually ridden it yet, as I stated above^. Is there something with the cable routing that doesn’t look quite right to you?.
    That rear gear cable is a Goodridge kit, there’s supposed to be enough cable outer to do a whole bike, but I only managed to do the Cube Stereo rear with the cable outer length supplied in the kit. At £25 for the kit, I won’t be doing that again. With the Goodridge kit you get plenty of everything except cable outer length. The shop which supplied the kit offered to get in touch with Goodridge to try and get more outer cable sent for free, so I could do the front, but I didn’t take them up on the offer. The front mech outer cable was standard black outer cable from my LBS, which was about £1 a metre. I’m not really into blinging up bikes for just bling sake, so have no idea why I bought the Goodridge gear cable kit, one of those silly impulse purchases (probably just bling denial).

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Chakaping, a few years ago I had a 13″ BB Kona Dawg and was a MTB god in my own mind, riding anything and loving it. I swapped it for my dream bike, an Ellsworth Moment. Absolutely hated it, and subsequently lost my MTB mojo completely. last summer I just commuted to work on my Rock Lobster XC bike, I’m hoping the Cube will recapture my MTB enthusiasm. I normally ride thru the winter, but haven’t this winter 😥

HeatherBash
    Free Member

No, it looks perfectly sensible to me.

I have a Fritzz which has been dogged with shifting problems. I actually have a warranty rear triangle which I’ve yet to fit. Anyway, It came assembled with the rear mech cable running up the down tube but not crossing over at the top per yours. Saw your pic and it occurred to me the wider turn radius on the cable might have helped…

kylemalco
    Free Member

Is it possible to get a p30 boomerang dual guide without bashguard and what thread are the screws for the mudguard supposed to be sorry for hjacking

dlr

Anyone know of a suitable replacement 38mm(?) seat clamp, can’t find one anywhere? Closest was a 38.2mm Kcnc which might work if done up FT+1 ?

cheers

Jamesy
    Free Member

I’m having issues with the chain coming off and jamming by the pivot, I notice some chain guides are only at the bottom and not at the top , the p30 gamut discussed above for example, I want a double with bash that will stop this , any ideas which one I should get ?

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Cube Fritzz owners’ is closed to new replies.