Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • crunching, clicking, popping, aching joints
  • Surfr
    Free Member

As a kid I used to suffer pain in my lower back when standing around for long periods. Now as an adult in my early 30s I have aches in my neck and right shoulder, right wrist and my right ancle clicks and pops regularly. If I rolll my shoulder there is a crunching noise which seems to come from the top of shoulder blade somewhere. I use a computer A LOT. For the past 10 years or so I've spent a lot of time sat in front of a keyboard and mouse. I've moved to a stylus instead of a mouse and that's improved things for my wrist a little but I managed to damage the ligament at Christmas 2008 which still hasn't recovered completely.

GP passed it off by saying 'oh every body clicks and pops, don't worry about it'. It would not be so bad but the neck in particular aches a lot and I feel the need to click my neck by pushing up on my chin and pulling down on the top of my slanted head. This provides relief for all of 10 seconds, then the ache returns. It's gotten to being that I think I've damaged muscle or tissue in my neck when performing this relief as I started having trouble swallowing a few months ago. This recovers but seems to tie in with when my neck has been aching a lot and I've been clicking it myself anyway.

I've rambled a bit sorry. Anyone else got clicking/crunching joints? is there a cure?

Oddly It's fine when I'm on the bike. Nothing aches or hurts during any excercise. Only when I'm sat or standing around!

EDIT: Oops wrong forum, can it be moved to chat? sorry

wwaswas

I'd go and see a physio and get some treatment and stretching exercises.

I used to have horrendous upper back and shoulder pain – to the point where I had to spend days laying on my back. I got some treatment and changed my posture when workign and it's not come back.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yup for the last two years – Ibuprofen the night before and cod liver oil – I have had numerous MRI's etc etc – I also try and do loads of squat strectes as I think its my tendonitis causing contracture – seems to work for me 🙂

backhander
    Free Member

Glucosamine sulphate(sp) has helped my (battered) joints. Make sure you get the 1500mg tablets. I also take fish oil tablets. HTH.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sounds very much like a posture problem to me. Physio or alexander technique

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

I'll second backahnder. Glucosamine sulphate. Also add MSM, and take a couple of DSP of flax oil a day. – or fish oil if you really must, (but I wouldn't touch the stuff:). It'll take a few months to really work so stick at it.

Surfr
    Free Member

I've just ponied up the cash for a years worth of Glucosamine Sulphate 1500mg and Fish Oils+ Omega 3 at zipvit . I'd been meaning to try this approach for a while anyway.

nockmeister
    Free Member

hmm you need Chondroitin with them, makes them 'work' better…er and there is a report somewhere that suggests taking GSM for longer than 3mths could lead to the calcifying of bones

backhander
    Free Member

I'm also confident enough in my sexuality to recommend yoga. It's a revelation, after the first session, I felt 3 inches taller!
    Plus, the class is mainly female (get a place at the back).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘crunching, clicking, popping, aching joints’ is closed to new replies.