Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Crossmax xl pro wheelset? Experience?
  • hunter2701
    Free Member

Got a pair of crossmax xl pro ltd on order after hearing good things but wanting anyone’s personaly experience with the crossmax xl? I hear freehub a are unreliable on the other crossmax variations? Cheers

legend
    Free Member

The main thing to look at is of you can get replacement rims for them. A trip back to Mavic and a £250 rebuild cost (this is the cost recently quoted to replace the rim on a Deemax) really isn’t cool

hunter2701
    Free Member

Can’t I just rebuild the wheel myself? Don’t they sell the rims on their own? (How did u destroy a deemax)

legend
    Free Member

Not on a lot factory Mavics, no. My missus basically works for Mavic and still couldn’t get a rim out of them.

Deemax rims are nothing particularly special

benpinnick

Why would you order wheels you have concerns about? Same money buys you DT EX1501 – Same weight (with a few g), wider, as stiff, built from reliable off the shelf components available from any madison dealer (which is every bike shop ever), easy to service… whats not to like?

letmetalktomark

A friend that works in my LBS flat spotted one of his Crossmax 29er rims and experienced the same issue as Legend despite being in the business.

I think he could get a rim but there wasn’t much between rim cost and sending it back to Mavic.

I was looking for a pair myself but their proprietary nature, height cost of spares even if available is leading me down the off the shelf route.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Crossmax xl pro wheelset? Experience?’ is closed to new replies.