Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Crossmax SX Wheels vs Hope Pro II with 819s
  • MadPierre

Currently running Hope Pro II evo with XM819 rims. Bombproof, easy to service etc but not the lightest….

Would the 2013 SX wheels make a noticable difference? What about the hubs – reliable? easy to service? I’ve read some bad things about older models but the more recent are supposed to be better?

The specific spokes a pain?

Anyone actually run any?

heihei

Have run 2011 SX with no problems. Wider rim vs 819 gives better profile to tyres and better stability at low pressures, plus lighter.

chakaping
    Free Member

What hei hei said – plus they are nicely stiffer.

Very pleased with mine (2011 model also).

honourablegeorge

Delighted with my SXs.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

SX’s are stiffer; and lighter. Hubs are no better or worse than Hope.

jedi

loving my crossmax. year on and still going strong

br
    Free Member

I went from Pro2 819’s to Pro2 evo Crest’s. Lighter, wider just as strong.

haribojangles
    Free Member

I have a set of 2012 SX and they are brilliant. No issues with hubs or spokes. The spokes all seem solid so would be surprised if you snapped one to have an issue with replacing it. The wheels themselves are easy enough to get hold of so cant see spokes being any different. The hubs are still running smoothly and quietly even with the recent bad weather rides. Really easy to swap between different axle configurations. Plus they look PIMP in there shiny whiteness!!!

MadPierre

All sounds good…. now anyone got 600 quid spare 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

It was a few years back but a friend of mine cracked a rotor mount on a mavic wheel. They told him two years was a reasonable life span for a mountain bike wheel. Since then, I’ve stuck with hope.

br
    Free Member

All sounds good…. now anyone got 600 quid spare

You could get 2 sets of Hope Hoops for that.

Yetiman
    Free Member

It was a few years back but a friend of mine cracked a rotor mount on a mavic wheel. They told him two years was a reasonable life span for a mountain bike wheel. Since then, I’ve stuck with hope

3 months to sort out a warranty claim last year after a rear 2012 SX rim split on 2nd or 3rd outing, and the replacement rim had issues too. Not what I’d expect after spending £600 odd quid so I’m also out.

jedi

i split a rim (pilot error) and it was sorted on their mp3 replacement scheme virtually overnight!

traildog
    Free Member

I went from Hope and 719s to Crossmax SX and while it’s maybe not worth the money, the crossmax is a much better wheelset. It feels faster accelerating, climbing and cornering.

Becareful with the MP3 insurance – you only get it if you purchase from some places. I got mine from a well known online retailer and after much emailing it turned out that I couldn’t get the insurance. I was a bit annoyed as it was too late for me to return them by the time I found this out.

MadPierre

You could get 2 sets of Hope Hoops for that.

No you can’t – well not with a proper UST rim.

Plus that’s effectively what I’m replacing!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Crossmax SX Wheels vs Hope Pro II with 819s’ is closed to new replies.