Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cricket Match Fixing – sentences
  • yossarian
    Free Member

What do we reckon they’ll get then? The tip of a very big iceberg I reckon, not just in cricket either!

Matt24k
    Free Member

A night out with Liz Hurley and some botox?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Why is the UK wasting vast amounts of money and court time, no doubt to be followed by the cost of the prison sentences, for an issue that should be dealt with by the relevant sporting authorities?

nickf
    Free Member

Longer than I expected

16stonepig
    Free Member

Why is the UK wasting vast amounts of money and court time, no doubt to be followed by the cost of the prison sentences, for an issue that should be dealt with by the relevant sporting authorities?

Because it’s fraud.

trailmonkey

pretty meaningless sentences aren’t they ? plenty of examples of ‘lifetime’ bans being far from it.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

What do we reckon they’ll get then?

You opening a book on it?

BermBandit
    Free Member

30 months

MSP

Because it’s fraud.

Yeah but that’s not real crime committed by low life scum, like stealing a bottle of water. I want to see those at the bottom of life’s ladder punished, not those with wealth, power and fame.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its on the BBC website now

Former Pakistan cricket captain Salman Butt has been jailed for 30 months for his part in the conspiracy to bowl deliberate no-balls in last year’s Test match against England.

Former world number two Test bowler Mohammad Asif, 28, was jailed for one year and bowler Mohammad Amir, 19, has been sentenced to six months.

Cricket agent Mazhar Majeed was jailed for two years and eight months.

seems a bit OTT to me. Amir is appealing as I post.

16stonepig
    Free Member

Amir is appealing as I post.

Yeah, ‘e’s not bad looking, is ‘e?

totalshell

what happens to the money? surely the NOW will want it back now.. and now that fraud has been proven will all bets on the game be declared void.

nick1962
    Free Member

A complete waste of time and taxpayers money. Bookmakers don’t have to pay out on any bets if they think something dodgy has gone on and the relevant sporting authorities should have dealt with those involved as has already been said.And not fraud but “conspiracy to cheat and conspiracy to accept corrupt payments”.
    Lawyers are laughing all the way to the bank

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cricket Match Fixing – sentences’ is closed to new replies.