Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Credit score question…
  • Helios
    Free Member

I signed up the Experian recently to check my credit report – it says clearly on the website that clicking the "Credit Report" button doesn't have any impact on your credit score (ie it isn't recorded as a credit search)

Right next to that is the "Order your Credit Score" button which costs £5.95 – but this time the little bit saying that clicking doesn't have an impact and isn't recorded as a search is conspicuously missing…

I've looked all over the intyweb and can't find a definitive answer… does any one know if me running my own credit score search will show up next time a lender looks at my file? – And even if it does will it impact my credit rating?

MrNutt
    Free Member

its a shite service, just guess at it and you'll probably be right, I once used its "offers open to you" option and that led to two days solid of random calls from halfwits offering me loans at anything from apr's of 6% to 3000%!!!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Checking your "credit score" on their site and indeed viewing your credit file WILL NOT show up to potential lenders.

It will,however still appear on the version of the file that you see..

Rockplough
    Free Member

The credit score in my experience is a waste of money. All it tells you is how credit worthy Experian think you are. Scores will vary across credit agencies and are no guarantee that you will get credit from a lender.

Assuming your credit history listings are correct, you can get a fair idea of your situation.

In answer to your question however, it doesn't show up on your report.

DavidB
    Free Member

It will not affect your score.

The search is recorded as a limited subject access request and is not used by any score card analytics.

Lenders cannot see these searches only you the individual can

Helios
    Free Member

Google = Fail
    STW = Win

Thanks everyone… The only reason i was wondering about the score on Experian is my Fiance recently had a few problems changing banks which meant that direct debits didn't get collected and her credit card payment was late – i wanted to see if it made me a bad person…

Won't bother…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Credit score question…’ is closed to new replies.