Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • creationists please…….
  • splatz
    Free Member

So God made Adam and Eve (obviously in his own image) and following a bit of begatting they had some sons……Cain did for Abel (before he had any time to start begatting?)

Question is if Eve is the only woman who did the boys do their begatting with?

Am I missing something?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Never understood that bit. Seems an obvious mistake.

crankboy
    Free Member

That's where being descended from monkeys comes in to the story.

splatz
    Free Member

Personally I feel more comfortable with the sensible option of the monkey link……never did go for the inbreeding……

Rio

Aaargh… read that and it's done my head in – so many circular arguments. Still, looks like incest's ok after all…

mtbfix

Maybe they did the nasty with their mum. Maybe God really is some sort of superbeing and so were Adam and Eve and due to the inbreeding of those first generations we are the crippled mutant off-spring trundling about today.

brakes
    Free Member

that webpage is very confused
    how very apt

ahwiles
    Free Member

Maybe they did the nasty with their mum

no, with their sisters apparently.

roper
    Free Member

They could be like inverts and so are sort preprogrammed clones. This means they can reproduce with each other (siblings) or with Mum and not have any inbreeding deformities. It's also a good way of keeping the strong gene going too. Though they would probably also eat the weaker ones in that case.

slowjo
    Free Member

I tried to read that page but tbh I haven't read such a fabulous concoction of half truths and false logic before. If you are a rational person who happens to believe in God, surely you can accept that the Bible (particularly the Old Testament) is not to be taken as a true representation of historical events. The validity of the Christian faith is not predicated on the OT being an objective record of historical events so why maintain the fiction (and resulting idiotic arguments) that it is?

I think they have missed the plot completely here! Twunts!

(Paid up member of the "I don't believe" squad btw.)

splatz
    Free Member

Thanks druidh……just spent 40 days and 40 nights wandering around in that convoluted explanation……all seems a bit unpleasant to me…..

and the result is 'crippled, mutant offspring'…..nice!

Andituk
    Free Member

Boinking your sister was acceptable until Moses came along and spoiled it for us all.

I'd guess a large amount of christians don't believe it is a word for word historically factual story tbh, I know I don't.

slowjo
    Free Member

Boinking your sister was acceptable until Moses came along and spoiled it for us all.

I'd guess a large amount of christians don't believe it is a word for word historically factual story tbh, I know I don't.

I'm sure most of them don't… except those crazy creationists.

Anyway… Moses or not… I don't fancy my sister so we'd have been sunk if I was Cain. 😯

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I had supposed the merely metaphorical "truth" of the Bible accurately relfected the status for the god concept ? Since our knowledge of the Christian god is limited to somewhat contradictory remarks scattered throughout the Bible the scope of belief is unconstrained.

Geronimo
    Free Member

Since our knowledge of the Christian god is limited to somewhat contradictory remarks scattered throughout the Bible the scope of belief is unconstrained.

Heresy!

It is all about 'faith'. Fact shouldn't be allowed to interfere with that…

If Christians don't believe what is written in the Bible, then what exactly do they believe? What is their point of reference?

monkey_boy
    Free Member

this will help…

mtbfix

Can I get that as a bumber sticker?

Edit – quick google says I can. Super.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

couldn't stop laughing the first time i saw it total classic, keep meaning to get one for the car

ononeorange

There did seem to be a bit of an obsession about deformed ears in that link.

BigJohn

Bumber? Silent b?

Junkyard
    Free Member

The death penalty, which Adam received as judgment for his sin of rebellion, also passed on to all his descendants.

Since Adam was the head of the human race when he “fell,” we who were in the loins of Adam “fell,” also. Thus, we are all separated from God. The final consequence of sin would be separation from God in our sinful state forever. However, the good news is that there is a way for us to return to God!

Hallelujah

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

we who were in the loins of Adam “fell,” also.

personally, I could never have any respect for a god that made such unfair stipulations 🙁

slowjo
    Free Member

Does that make God a loinist or an Adamist then?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"What is their point of reference?"

dunno. Do I have to have have one of those?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

, I could never have any respect for a god that made such unfair stipulations

on reflection, assuming god is good (and anything else is a true nightmare scenario) I suspect it was a mistranslation and it was actually 'original sing' (or whatever in the language the Bible is written in) like the "easier to get a camel through the eye of a needle than a rich man into the kingdom of heaven" wasn't a camel but some thick string…

rOcKeTdOg

religion?, i'd rather have a bit of cake to be honest

bassspine
    Free Member

monkeyboy: I had one of those on my car and have had a scrawled note saying
    yes darwins theory of evolution
    stuck under my windscreen wiper.

I have a FSM

now

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Never mind that, what about Smurfette?

A whole village of boy smurfs and only one lady smurf? She must have been round the block more times than the Circle Line…

BillMC

http://www.darwinuk.com/?gclid=CJjl4–s5qACFZqY2Aod5kHlLQ

I've watched so many people giigling in my r v mirror at this emblem of atheism on my car. They should be obligatory for anyone who's not a godbotherer or bishop basher.

tinribz
    Free Member

The official line is the took their sisters for wives (yuk) but if you question someone religious about that apparently this was OK back then because their 'genes' were pure or some such nonsense. The mysterious land of Nod wife is the real flaw despite what it says on that link.

tinribz
    Free Member
    simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Smurfette doesn't F*

actually, Smurfs reproduce by budding…

And this bit about god making man in his own image.
    What's that all about ?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

And this bit about god making man in his own image.

I think that's metaphorical too, as presumably, god isn't physical, so doesn't look like anything. Something about awareness perhaps ?

So, that bit's made up as well then ?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

So, that bit's made up as well then ?

I never said it wasn't all made up – I wasn't there so it's all hearsay

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘creationists please…….’ is closed to new replies.