Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Creaking Moun Vision
  • TERRY-C
    Free Member

Help required.Has anyone got a Marin Mount Vision (2008) that has developed a real bad creaking noise. Mine has developed the most god damn awfull creaking noise that it is becoming a pain in ass to ride. As far as I can tell the bottom bracket is fine as are the supension bearings.
    could it be the complete supension flexing.
    Terry

bigyinn
    Free Member

Trying cleaning and lightly greasing all the suspension links, bolts etc.

radoggair
    Free Member

* new bike time * woohoo

goog
    Free Member

you'd be best off binning it and buying a decent frame !

teef
    Free Member

Trying cleaning and lightly greasing all the suspension links, bolts etc.

Especially the top of the rear shock bolt

Zone
    Free Member

Something is in the pipeline… dry conditions increase the creaking issues on a lot of full suss bikes… not just Marin 😉

I use a pure silicon spray like I do on my fork dust seals… that's worked and like a lot of bikes sometimes the creaking goes when it rains as well.
    DO NOT use tf2, gt85 or the devils piss which is wd40 😀
    It's not just you, the frame works great…But they are looking into it..

I empathise with you… 🙁

A couple of things you can try… change the rear qr for a shimano…rather than the hope, that's fixed it before.
    check the bolts on both rear drop outs. Also we have had creaking from the hope rear freehubs, and also the chainring bolts coming loose.

But at the end of it some self lubricating pivot washers or brass ones even could sort it.

Have a word with your dealer or Grant at atb sales… 8)
    I have a frame that creaked after only a 100 miles back with the whyte R+D department for them to asses… with my opinions attached 😆 No feed back yet though…think it should be a reasonable hassle free fix…

here's hoping!

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Bet you its the real wheel moving slightly in the dropouts. Happened on a couple of bikes, but was worst on a Marin I had a few years ago. Remove the rear wheel and put a little grease inside the dropout and each side of it. Make sure its good and tight – job done

kaiser
    Free Member

carry a water bottle and systematically squirt a different pivot each time then ride again to identify the culprit.(sometimes this won't work Another way i use ..if the water doesn't work is to do the same thing but loosening different bolts/pivots etc ( one by one ) until the creak goes . Don't forget if you loosen it and the creak doesn't go then tighten again before moving on to the next one!!!
    Never had a creak I couldn't eventually locate and if I'd paid a bike shop it would have cost me a fortune and maybe without success
    btw I ride mainly 4 bar full sussers so plenty of places to creak
    hth
    Bill

Dibbs
    Free Member

In my experience the rear dropouts and mech hanger where always a good place to start looking for Marin creaking, the sound tends to travel through the swingarm and appear to be coming from the BB area.

flip
    Free Member

I had one brand new and it creaked no matter what i did, so i sold the frame and got a proper one.

Will never have another Marin. 😥

Nonsense
    Free Member

I have an '08 Mount Vision that has the same problem. I've had my LBS take the thing to bits and they can't figure out what it is either. I've emailed ATB and hopefully they will get back to me. It seems to be slightly worse when pro-pedal is engaged on the RP23 for some reason, but it's certainly not coming from the shock. It's a really annoying, because other than that I think it's a lovely bike.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Do the grease thing in the rear dropouts as per earlier post. Try it – it'll work or your money back

bassspine
    Free Member

we spent hours chasing a creak on a customers bike, it always went away in the shop, came back for the customer…eventually we sussed it was the spd cleat creaking in the blokes shoe!

XXX
    Free Member

2 reasons for a creak.

I had an overlong rear dropout nut that wouldn't tighten down, this caused a real bad creak. Check that the bolts are tight and when done up they should not spin in the frame. Had to file down the nut to cure.

The pivot bearings can come loose, the one at the top of the shock is a good place to start looking. Simply tighten to remove the creaking. There is a guide on the Marin Web site.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Ihad a creak that turned out to be the truativ chainset!it was torqued up properly and had the correct b&b spacers,swapped back to xt shimmano and never had a problem since. 🙄

Just buy a new bike and be done with it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Creaking Moun Vision’ is closed to new replies.