Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • CRC, a comment on an order
  • rOcKeTdOg

ordered 11am yesterday, delivered 10am today using the free postage option

can't ask for more really

awesome! thank you CRC 😀

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

It amazes me when i order bits in Oz and they arrive 5 days later! Saying that though, they have been stuffing me around a little on a recent order, great customer service though, just a slight glitch with some out of stock gear outer!

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

SiW, do you seriously order gear outer from Northern Ireland, for delivery to Australia?

Please tell me that my sarcasm sensor is faulty…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    epicsteve
    Free Member

I've seen quite a few folks on other forums in the US and Oz say that they can order from Wiggle, CRC or SJS and get it cheaper and faster than ordering locally.

epicyclo

That's true. On-One isn't bad for delivery to Oz either.

harryparabolics
    Free Member

I've seen quite a few folks on other forums in the US and Oz say that they can order from Wiggle, CRC or SJS and get it cheaper and faster than ordering locally.

I can confirm that – my local shop often couldn't get parts at wholesale for the same prices on CRC. The gap has closed quite a bit recently though.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

A mate in NZ buys from crc as its cheaper, as does my Dad in Norway. As do mates in Spain.

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

Should we start considering 'Cable Miles', like food miles, with regard to the multiple round world trips all these bike parts are doing?

penguinni

Similarly, Ive bought stuff from Ground Effect in New Zealand and its been here within a couple of days. Sometimes faster than stuff Ive ordered locally! Go figure…

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I can beat you RD, I ordered at 12.31 yesterday & it arrived at 8.30am 🙂

I was going to use Wiggle as it was 5% cheaper (a whole British pound cheaper 😉 ), but when you get asked to pay for 'priority' shipping I'd rather pay the extra to CRC thanks, they have always been great for me.

Cheers.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

they've always delivered fast to me 😀
    pity there's no post on sunday…ordered at 8am this morning, I'll have to wait until thursday evening to play with my new stuff cus I'm going on holiday early monday morning!

0pt1cal
    Free Member

I order about 5 times a month with CRC and get varying levels of success. For small stuff that can go through the letterbox fine…next day…for anything bigger it depends…from CRC to central scotland it can take a week.

The order still processing thing is a nightmare too…I still have an order processing for 8 days….only one item is not on stock (although it was when I ordered) and even with 4 e-mails direct to them no one can tell me what is happening.

Frustrating… 🙁

bigant

Typically stuff from LBS's in Oz costs at least twice as much as CRC or Wiggle. Generally no import duty to pay and don't pay 17.5% VAT. Recently seen an Australian companies products (JetBlack static trainers) for sale in the UK for considerably less than they retail for here. Utter madness.

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

Thank Joe, the gear outer was part of a larger order. 🙂

Bikes are pretty cheap here, well for the main brands, but any parts are ridiculous. For example my LBS sells SRAM gold links for $20 (10 quid)!!!

You save a fortune ordering anything from CRC and get free shipping when you put together a big enough order. Easy enough to avoid import duty too (although GST is only 10% here) as you can spend up to $1000 before you have to pay. And still having UK bank accounts means i don`t cop bank charges over here for buying in Pounds, splendid!

jimthesaint

$20 for a Powerlink!?!?!?!

It really annoys me when things like this happen. It's got naff all to do with exchange rates as well. 100 Taiwanese Dollars (TWD) is the equivalent to £2.13 or $3.70 (Aussie Dollars), £2.13 when converted to Aussie Dollars is $3.73.

shorts_in_winter – Do you manage to avoid paying tax on orders from CRC?

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

Yeah Jim, all you need ot do is keep the order under $1000. If you have more just send it to seperate adresses, that seems to work ok.

And yeah spares are insane here, which is mad becasue the deals you can get on mainstream bikes are awesome, particularly Giant.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘CRC, a comment on an order’ is closed to new replies.