Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Crap weather tomorrow – who's braving it?
  • teamslug
    Free Member

Managed to stumble the 4 yards from the house to the garage and knocked out 20miles on zwift.Was bloody cold in garage!!!.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Was as Cwmcarn too, snow was fun at the top but for the most part I wish I’d stayed in bed. **** heavy chest I’ve had since Nov came back with a vengeance and my lower linkage shat it’s bearings.

Very grumpy now.

dannyh
    Free Member

Sounds like the Peaks snow was very localized and hit & miss. Thankfully it wasn’t terrible where we were. The worst thing was (as it always is) water on the ground. That’s the coldest my feet have been for some time.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Fitted the fat wheels for a change and did a ~16 mile loop between Woolston, Netley, Burseldon and Bitterne. You can’t half notice head and cross winds with the fat tyres!

Going out for up to ~90 minutes is getting addictive and routine-like, regardless of the weather, it will feel a little odd not riding tomorrow.

lowey

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RNy2F5]20170211_135250[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr

Click for the vid! Bit breezy.

fifeandy
    Free Member

@mcmoonter, i took one look at the horizonal hail and decided 3hrs on the turbo seemed a much better idea. Kudos for getting out there.

Alpha1653

33 miles on the road bike starting at 0830 from Bristol out to Sherston and back. My toes were so cold they hit the stage just before numbness where you can just about feel them as blocks of ice. Grim. I’ll stick to the rollers or just go for a run next time I think.

iainc

A cracking dry and crisp weekend in Pitlochry doing an MBLA course, great fun, sunny, fresh, nae mud !

grannyjone
    Free Member

I thought the weather would be too rubbish to be worth getting the bike out so went for a short walk intending to do about 6 miles.

Got out of the car onto the moors and straight away it was very strong headwind with falling sleet and a temperature just above freezing. Face was stinging so ended up only doing about 1 mile then going back to the car.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Got up at 5am to head up onto Hexhamshire Common

Followed by lots of sledging action with the kids.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Danny – I agree, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be around Hayfield/Edale, and was dry/powdery most of the time (above 300 mtrs).

The headwind up to Edale Cross was the worst I’ve ever encountered. I couldn’t even get some of the gates open !

Piccie below is descent of Rushup Edge. The snow provided some ‘cushioning’ but was shallow enough to reveal the rocks.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Went hiking rather than biking yesterday.

Was a bit bleak and windy coming off Black Hill down into Holme at around 6.00 pm, as this video shows.

Glad I solo’d it, can’t see my missus thanking me if I had taken her out in that.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RvQxKb]VID_20170212_170222666[1][/url] by markndebs, on Flickr

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Crap weather tomorrow – who's braving it?’ is closed to new replies.