Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Crank Brothers Pedals…has reliability improved
  • Joe

When Egg Beaters first came out a few moons ago I smashed up shed loads of them. I was the importers best friend. I had a new pair every week after they exploded themselves.

Have they improved since? Having a tad of knee bother with the old shimanos and thinking about trying my luck again.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve a set of the ones with the small platform (candy?) from just after everyone was moaning about them falling apart, no problems so far but only 3 months actual use.

kimbers

the newer ones come with a 5yr warranty iirc

sambob
    Free Member

I’ve ridden eggbeaters in the peaks since christmas and they’re fine so far. All the 1 series pedals have 2 year warranty, the rest have 5.

obirobkeno
    Free Member

I bought a pair of Mallets in 2006. After many, many miles, trips to Whistler, the 7Stanes, South Wales, North Wales trails and numerous fluctuations in rider weight, they have only needed the bearing changing twice… Alas, the bearing housings are now worn and they will be sent to the Pedal God fairly shortly.
    My Candys are still pretty new, so we’ll see how they last.

So, 5 years for a pair of pedals aren’t bad… The 3 pairs of SPD pedals only last 4 years all together…

amt27
    Free Member

bought some of the new Egg Beater 3, the ones with needle rollers, bearing play after 5 rides, sent back for refund, now on XT SPD,

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve never maintained my smarty pedals and they’re only just starting to show signs of wear. They were bought in 2007.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Crank Brothers Pedals…has reliability improved’ is closed to new replies.