Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Crank Bros Joplin 4 remote seatpost – comments?
  • nacho
    Free Member

I've been offered one of these on a good deal and where we ride it's lot's of short ups and downs, I drop my seatpost a lot so it might be a good investment. I'm a bit worried about reliability though – is anyone using one and if so how do you rate it?

thanks

wwaswas

I'd personally wait until the RockShox one has been around a few months and see what feedback on that is like.

2Pure do offer very good backup on CB products though.

nacho
    Free Member

Didn't know Rockshox had one out, cheers

snakebite
    Free Member

I've just ordered a Rockshox Reverb or whatever, should be in time for the sheet weather too…

neil853
    Free Member

I've had a joplin 3 for 6 months (used literally 5 times) and its got loads of slack in. 2pure are being very good so far in trying to sort it out but i'm not impressed with the product, wait and see what we get sorted i guess 🙄

nacho
    Free Member

thanks neil853, that's what worries me – the idea seems great and people who use them love them but I'm thinking maybe waiting and seeing what else hits the market as I hear so many stories of them malfunctioning. No good 2Pure being helpful if the product isn't up tot he job. Apparently the joplin 4 has better sealing and is strngthened to reduce the slack

neil853
    Free Member

I've heard that also and reports off here seem to back that up

bonj
    Free Member

imho being hydraulic is far too over complicated, it doesn't need to be.
    get a gravity dropper.

convert

The 4 is quite different to the 3 internally I seem to remember.

Against my better judgement I bought a Pure Racing i900 which so far I have been pleasantly surprised by. Not used it in silly mud through.

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

I had a joplin 3, it went back to 2pure 3 times within a year, 2pure gave excellent service and a quick turn around everytime.

On the last return they sent me a brand new joplin 4, it definitely has less play but ive not had it long enough to see if the problems have been resolved.

Couldnt ride a bike without one now so its worth the hassle.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Crank Bros Joplin 4 remote seatpost – comments?’ is closed to new replies.