Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • Matt Black Cars
  • bristolbiker
    Free Member

its just got something about on it.

Corrected that for you… 😉

scaredypants

my favourite is surfmat's second pic – what a **** shed that is

coffeeking
    Free Member

Every time I see an A5 I think – that is almost very attractive apart from those gay chav lights.

But that's just personal preference, I quite like it but i think it could be done better with more diffuse LED technology rather than the dots, but I still think they look OK. I just can't understand the venom against someones choice of DRL type.

Crell
    Free Member

Jon Olsen has had his murc like that for a while, complete with ski box. Nice to see something like that being used.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

That's not a ski box – that's a jet pack.

mickasaki
    Free Member

We had a bulletin from Fords at work about the RS500, Saying as the finish is a vinyl coating, it is expected that it may lift at the edges and bubble under heat, this is not a fault! I'm sure the 500 customers worldwide will be pleased!

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Bit of a fashion victim thing going on with matt black. Looks good in photos, looks largely ridiculous in the flesh/metal/plastic/whatever. Reminds me of the late 90's trend for pearlescent paints in all the 'Max Giant Exhaust and Wings' magazines.

There's a Range Rover round our way in matt black. I point and laugh every time I see it. The urge to draw a giant phallus on the side of it in chalk is overwhelming.

scaredypants

who's jon olsen ?

Crell
    Free Member

No idea 😉 I'll type it properly next time. freestyle skier

Seemed like a nice guy. He spent loads of time taking photos with kids at this event, including mine.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Matt black cars make me think of Mad Max, which is a good thing. I think it's best on old cars though. Something like this Buick Regal (which is already the baddest looking car ever made) would be perfect.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Very few cars can pull it off. Most chosen by the more-wealth-than-taste brigade are not among them.

Dodge Challenger: Yes
    Rolls Royce Phantom: No

Dickyboy

I seem to recollect matt black motor bikes being all the rage in the mid 80's

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

and stops stone chips

But who benefits from your car not having stone chips on but looking like it has an oversized panty liner on?

Just like a chainstay protector, as if you'd use one of them 😉

bartat
    Free Member

Reminds me of the late 90's trend for pearlescent paints

hey! I've got that on my road bike.

CountZero

DRL's will have to be fitted to all new cars sold in the EU from 2011. Better to have bright LED's than dim yellow incandescent bulbs that will blow and are a nasty yellow colour. Get used to them, they aren't going away. As far as the matt finish is concerned, as it's a vinyl wrap, it could just as easily be transparent; I saw a big Merc in London last Monday at Hammersmith with a matt metallic silver gray finish, which I rather liked. Has the big advantage of not just protecting from stone chips, but from scratches from bushes along narrow lanes, birdsh1t baking onto the paint, that sticky crap from lime trees in summer, squished bugs…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Just like a chainstay protector, as if you'd use one of them
    POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

good point – I do have one, but just to stop the annoying metal on metal rap.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I think it looks great on the right car – friend has a cayenne turbo s magnum done matt black with black rims and it looks the bollox!

M6TTF
    Free Member

there you go 8)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It looks bollocks, not 'the' bollox.

Is he a drug dealer or a pimp?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Agreed, Mastiles. All I can see is a drug dealer's car.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Heh! You posted as I edited my post 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

I've seen it on a few cars, looked real nice on a Ferrari 599, Audi R8 and Lambo Gallardo with matching matt alloys and surprisingly a BMW 3-series convertible

M6TTF
    Free Member

each to his own – if we all liked the same the world would be a very boring place. He's not a drug dealer, just a successful businessman (his 911 is shiny black just to be different)

brakes
    Free Member

WTF

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂 @ Mastiles!

bakes, that's disruptive pattern paint, designed to "disgiuse" a prototype or test car.

Jamze

There's a matt black M3 Coupe on the M1 most mornings. Thought WTF at first. Quite liking it now…

brakes
    Free Member

cheers CFH, I see
    what about camo?

Gary_C

what about camo?

Waste of money……I can still see 'em!!!

😉

Timmo
    Free Member

a few years ago there was one of the peugeot sport official owners club peeps that Camo wrapped their 205 gti, looked Great!
    cant find any p[ics of it now though

falkirk-mark

With regards to the bonnet protectors heres a tip 'do not drive up the car in fronts ar$£ and you will not need one'

twohats
    Free Member

This horror show is trundling around Leeds at the moment.

And yes, it looks as bad in the flesh, more Dubai than West Yorkshire…

Saccades
    Free Member

I think it looks great on the right car – friend has a cayenne turbo s magnum done matt black with black rims and it looks the bollox!

:picard: WTF, he's ridiculously lowered a 4×4 and stuck strips of rubber to oversized rims. It's an abortion of a vehicle that'll impress kids and drive like a 2cv on steroids….

Why didn't he just buy a proper sports car, something like a noble or similar, or a bonkers 4×4 like a bowler?

edit, that gtr reminds me of battlestar galatica and the cyborg things, just needs the knightrider red leds…

Lifer
    Free Member

Car bras protecting paint? 😆

They're brilliant at trapping grit and moisture, and making you look like you're driving an othorpedic shoe.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Saccades – Member
    :picard: WTF, he's ridiculously lowered a 4×4 and stuck strips of rubber to oversized rims. It's an abortion of a vehicle that'll impress kids and drive like a 2cv on steroids….
    Why didn't he just buy a proper sports car, something like a noble or similar, or a bonkers 4×4 like a bowler?

He has got a proper sports car too a 911 turbo S. the magnum is also well sorted in the handling dept and is running over 600bhp. The sound alone is sublime! I agree it's not everyones cup of tea but each to his own hey. Personally I think it's great 🙂

scaredypants

I think that camo bentley is vomiting its way into the lead right now

jackthedog
    Free Member

This thread is proof that money can't buy class.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Saccades – Member

:picard:

picard, eh? that's a bit… bill… of you :ninja:

BobaFatt
    Free Member

oh dear god

who buys a lambo then camo's it, what a tw@

theflatboy
    Free Member

i like this one:

but i may have poor taste 😆

jackthedog
    Free Member

I wonder what you colour you put on the logbook when you have a green/brown camo car?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Matt Black Cars’ is closed to new replies.