Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Cracked phone screen stories
  • gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Liquidmetal is pretty promising, but it’s not going to prevent broken screens :/

MrNutt
    Free Member

x3 self cracking sony Z2’s never would I buy another Sony.

x1 LG G3, I dropped it, insurance replacement.

Now have a Heuwai P9 Plus and I’m protectorless but it comes with a 3mth no quibble replacement on screen and 3 years on handset, as soon as I can find a good protector I’ll get one! its a bloody great phone btw.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Busy in workshop and phone rings.

Few hours later hand in pocket to find phone wrapped in sandpaper

donks
    Free Member

I get Samsung galaxies for the teenage boys as the are piss easy to change the digitiser (screen and lcd thingy) and about 45quid on eBay.

Changed several over the last few years due to the usual teenage ” it just fell out of my pocket” kind of mishaps.
    First time used YouTube to see the strip down then never needed to again as I said “piss easy” to replace. Reckon it takes about 10-15 mins once you know the sequence.

Cougar

My OH dropped her iPhone 6 a month or so back. Ironically, she was transferring it between protective cases and hadn’t quite clipped it in properly, with hilarious consequences.

We booked a “Genius” appointment, and spent ten minutes chatting with him and telling him how awesome it was and how (genuinely) devastated she was that it was broken. The Genius then said something like, “now I’m going to ask you a question, and I really want you to answer it in a certain way. Has it ever crashed with a white screen? Only that’s a kernel panic, you see.” “Why, yes, it has,” we answered. “Here’s your new phone then,” replied the Genius.

Bodyshop airline and about 120 psi.

How can this thread have run for five days and no-one’s given the OP a mauling? Standards are slipping on STW.

I don’t understand why people put up with it to be honest.

Put up with what, their own carelessness? A lass at work averages a screen a month; I’ve had a mobile phone since 1999 and have never, not once, broken a screen. Folk cheerfully blow £500 on a handset and then treat their “free upgrade” like a potato, that’s not the fault of the technology.

Having said that, my work phone is on borrowed time I’m sure. It’s a Nokia / Microsoft thing and it’s the slipperiest thing I’ve ever had the mispleasure to try to keep hold of, it’s like making phone calls with a lightly oiled weasel.

Changed several over the last few years due to the usual teenage ” it just fell out of my pocket” kind of mishaps.

That’s your first mistake, right there.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Cracked phone screen stories’ is closed to new replies.