Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Count Arthur Strong
  • alfagtv1969
    Free Member

Any fans of the Count on here?

Listening to his show when biking yesterday, had to stop with tears of laughter….Best new comedy act for years….also bears repeated listening!

br
    Free Member

He's not new, been peddling that crap for years on R4.

RustySpanner

It's genius isn't it?

'Fags, mags and bags' is just as funny – give it a go.

Love 'Ed Reardon's Week', but find it a bit sad these days.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Some episodes are better than others, but yes, it can be very subtle and very funny. I like the way it builds on its story and previous jokes in the episode.

It takes a sharp mind to write stuff like that.

skidartist
    Free Member

It has its moments, some of which are very good moments (I was listening at the weekend to an old episode where he was lamenting that you don't get any light hearted local news stories these days "You know, like a kitten with a flagpole stuck up it"). But for me it lacks flow and I sometimes find I'm not really listening anymore.

nicko74

The frustrating thing is that and Ed Reardon used to be on Radio 7 after 10 on weeknights, but they're currently rotating some tedious crap through the listings 🙁
    I like the ones I've heard, but tbh it's just not on the radio often enough to really get into. I'm also a big fan of the Museum of Everything and Giles Wemmbley Hogg, but it's been a while.

bigeyedbeans
    Free Member

saw him live last week and cried laughing for over an hour imho its brilliant character comedy but i can see why its a 'marmite' kind of thing i guess you have to be the right age to get the references and like your comedy on the absurd side

wwaswas

Giles W-H had a series on just after Christmas on Radio4 – was the 11:30 slot on Mondays and rather crept under the radar… he gets fairly regular repeats on radio 7, though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Count Arthur Strong’ is closed to new replies.