Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Council blocked row, who will care?
  • D0NK

Our council has blocked a row (around the same time they sacked the row officers if i remember right) It’s a little metal bridge supposedly to strengthen it, been closed 5 months now I’m thinking it’s low priority or they just aren’t going to bother with the work at all if they can get away with it. Any ideas who to contact to put a bit of pressure on the council to get it sorted? It’s an FP (so not IMBA) close to town not sure if RA would be interested.

Any ideas?

allthepies
    Free Member

Well obviously you should report it and if no joy then try the Ramblers Association ? I thought the RA were very tenacious regarding ROW closures/reroutes.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes turn to the dark side and use the ramblers 😉
    I assume usual tonight @barn?

wwaswas

talk to your local councillor – they’re often quite keen to help, ime.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

OK – can be a bit complex, but they should have publicised any temporary closure – they’re entitled in law to close for up to six months, and can only extend this by application to the SOS for an extension.

We had one near me that was closed for approx 18 months for repair works – but that should be exceptional

are there signs giving an order date there – since there should be, if the temporary closure order has expired then in theory its possible to apply to the court for an order to make good the repairs.

my advice would be that if its been subject to a temp closure order for 5 months, and there’s no sign of repair works having been completed, I’d make an appointment with my local MP to discuss it, telling him its unreasonable, repairs have not been done despite all this time, that it would be unacceptable for the SOS to offer a further extension to the closure simply because the council had not made good the repairs, and ask him to write to the SOS raising objection to an extension – then sit back and watch the shit storm 😀

D0NK

Cheers for the advice, no signage at all at either end of the fp or on the bridge to state the closure, originally I was pretty sure it was one of the local businesses (fp is next to industrial estate) trying to stop people using it but when I rang the council they said it was official, didn’t get the full details tho.

Junkyard yep see you there.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

D0nk – where is it, I’ll see if there’s anything mentioned in the ‘usual places’

MartinGT
    Free Member

took me about 5 mins to work out it was R.O.W and not a row, I.e 😳 structured data item in a table

Cougar

I managed ‘row,’ felt all proud, and then came across RA and IMBA and thought WTF? FFS, GTF.

D0NK

Zulu-eleven it’s here

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Council blocked row, who will care?’ is closed to new replies.