Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • "cough" – Road bikes – bars?
  • speaker2animals

Anyone recommend a compact (shallow) drop road bar that comes in 46cm wide. I like a wide road bar, only a leisure cyclist, and fancy a shallow drop (preferably not “anatomic” bend.

I know Bontrager do one, any others, OS bulge, aluminium?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

FSA

m1kea
    Free Member

I have a set of 3T ergonova on the winter bike and they’re possibly the the most comfortable road bars I’ve ever had.

john_l
    Free Member

FSA (Omega I think) are really nice – come in a few different flavours too.

unovolo
    Free Member

DEDA RHM01 or RHM02 ,I have the RHM02 which are flattened/wing shaped on the top giving more support to your palms.

Personally find them very comfy and use the drops a lot more due to the shallow drop.
    Quite cheap too but not the lightest at around 300gms, look pimp in the white or red versions though.

aa
    Free Member

you could consider dedas 215 or newton.

eddie11
    Free Member

I dont think many bars go up to a true 46. Word of warning on FSA – they measure width at the drops, width at the hoods is 2cm under.

Salsa cowbell is a nice wide shallow drop bar but not cheap. i think the bikemonger does them.

oldgit
    Free Member

Dedas, cheap as well, well some are. Shallow and short.

amplebrew

Deda zero 100 bars are nice.

Be careful if ordering Deda’s though as they measure their bars end to end rather than centre to centre. A 42cm Deda bar is only 40cm’s centre to centre.

speaker2animals

Yes I want C to C 46cm not outside to outside. Is Deda bulge a different size to others. Don’t want to buy a stem too.

amplebrew

My Deda zero 100 bars are 31.7 so fit a std stem.

lunge

Marked as I was wondering the same!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

My deda zero 100’s are a nice shape but they are a bit flexy in the drops. Pretty light though.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Pro Vibe 7s

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘"cough" – Road bikes – bars?’ is closed to new replies.