Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cotswold CX race on Sunday 29th Jan & screening of mens Worlds CX race
  • qwerty
    Free Member

* Blatant plug *

I’ll be marshalling at my local CX event http://www.lovecrossed.co.uk on Sunday 29th January organised by Tang from here.

WE ARE BACK FOR A THIRD YEAR TO FINISH THE SEASON OFF IN STYLE AT THE BEAUTIFUL CHAVENAGE HOUSE IN GLOUCESTERSHIRE ON WORLDS SUNDAY.

The 16c House is owned by UK road pro James Lowsley Williams, both he and his family are opening the gates again to welcome you all to a day of hard racing on the all new course with some demanding features. We are also hosting the final round of the western league within the race, which last year went right to the wire.

This year we are very pleased to announce our on going relationship with Saddleback Elite Products, now our title sponsor. The crew at Saddleback has been with us right from the start supporting in so many ways and their portfolio is the classiest in the business. They will be in attendance on the day with goods and prizes from Castelli, ENVE and Sidi shoes. Remember Podiums also get the one off lovecrossed Castelli jersey designed especially for the event.

Also this year we have a new double pit supported by Fenwick’s, so expect some product to keep your bikes clean. Again we are happy to have Scott bikes and our friends from Fabric are coming for the first time. We foresee some strong racing from them!

On the day announcing duty will be taken care of by CX stalwart Vin Cox, not only that but there will be onsite catering to keep you warm and hydrated. If you fancy a look round the historic house (as seen in the current BBC adaptation of Poldark) there will be a tour for a small donation.

To top it off before the podiums presentation we will be screening the Men’s CX World Championship live which you are all welcome to stay for.

Its a CX race to come and spend the day at: racing starts at 10:30, presentations at 15:00, race, spectate, drink coffee, eat pizza & cake, take a tour of the house, peruse sponsors wares, there’s loads to keep racers, their families & friends & spectators amused.

Racing suits all, male / female, kids – vets, from novice to those requiring a pre race turbo warm up!!!

Be nice to see you there 🙂

Chavenage House
    Tetbury
    Gloucestershire
    GL8 8XP

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Excellent event lovely place.

qwerty
    Free Member

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Munqe Chick raced it last year and on her recommendation we’ll be there (racing on tired legs from Saturday’s end-of-league race so that’s my excuses in early.. 😉 ). Trying to source a pit crew from mates as MC and I are racing at the same time for a change!

oh, and this year’s Lovecrossed jersey is gorgeous, you’re missing a trick only having that design as a prize, Castelli should be snapping it off you.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Yes really looking forward to this on Sunday so anyone unsure what to do! Come and race or just heckle! Fab day out.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Entered again. Unlike last year I will be fatter and unfitter so will try not to hold anyone up!

qwerty
    Free Member

Weather forecast appears to be interestingly changeable, final set up tomorrow, looking forwards to seeing your race faces, don’t forget your bells, see you Sunday 😀

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Proper CX weather and proper CX conditions. Great course and venue with loads of facilities and support, it deserves to succeed as a stand-alone event rather than ‘just’ a Western League round, and on the strength of Munqe-Chick’s recommendation we had a few Central Leaguers enter though some sadly DNS due to flu. MC has passed our opinions on gridding by PM.

Munqe Chick successfully defended her crown and took the women’s win by about 12 seconds, and also a cool Fabric saddle custom-printed in Lovecrossed colours and now just has to decide what to spend the Castelli voucher on (she wore the puffa jersey she bought with last year’s on the podium 😛 )

Congrats to Tang and everyone involved, the weather was stinking which is fine to race in, less so to stand around marshalling, but we were getting shouted encouragement from the marshalls all race-long.

qwerty
    Free Member

Glad you had fun, i certainly did heckling mud monsters round the hops!!!! 😀

[/url]LoveCrossed boards – pre by martinddd, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]LoveCrossed boards – post by martinddd, on Flickr[/img]

I had hoped to get some laps in early Sunday morning, but plagued by sinusitis i decided to rest – currently man flued up on the sofa under a duvet 😐

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cotswold CX race on Sunday 29th Jan & screening of mens Worlds CX race’ is closed to new replies.