Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cotic X (or Roadrat) Wheelset options – hub alignment.
  • blaggers
    Free Member

I’m after another set of disc ready wheels for my Cotic X (for use with BB7s discs). I plan to keep the current standard Cotic Components/Alex rims as normal road wheels, and get another set with Open pro rims/CX tyres, so I can swap between them with out any alignment issues.

Are hubs the same spacing on disc and cassette position? or will I need to get another set of cotic hubs to make sure they swap over without requiring indexing/caliper position adjustments.

Cheers.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Dunno if it helps but my bog standard Shimano hubs went straight in to the rear of my X and its fine.What I do find is that different discs do sit differently in the calipers so maybe stick to the same make discs

tomaso
    Free Member

How about these shameless plug STW ad
    £100 posted :mrgreen:

blaggers
    Free Member

I’ll have a go fitting some old MTB wheels without tyres on to see how the discs align.

Tomaso, sorry not what I’m after.

boxelder

They’ll be very close and then you can space the rotors if needed using these or similar. Works for me.
    You may find the BB7’s a pain to stop singing on the rotor anyway.

blaggers
    Free Member

Cheers boxelder,

Do you have any issues with the rear gear indexing when swapping wheels?

boxelder

Do you have any issues with the rear gear indexing when swapping wheels?

No, but if there is it will be very slightly, so a small turn of a barrel adjuster and you’re away.
    May be worth making sure the rotors are exactly the same size/model, so that the pads wear matches both.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cotic X (or Roadrat) Wheelset options – hub alignment.’ is closed to new replies.