• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by hock.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cotic Soul 650B
  • robowns
    Free Member

Not intending do add 650b wheels to my soul, but curious if anyone else has, and the results if so.

Cheers

mrmoofo

It will become a little bit faster and begin to ride itself up hills ….
    Tbh – not sure that you would notice – try some bigger tyres

andytherocketeer

I haven’t, but I’ve measured it, and think it’s very borderline. Something like 2.1in Racing Ralphs might just about fit the chainstays. Might need to go 1×10? Seatstay etc. clearance should be fine.

Would like to know for sure though. And how it rides.

soobalias
    Free Member

why need to go 1 x 10?
    front mech interference or something else

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d be ashamed to ride 650B with anything older than 1 x 10 personally

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Several nichemongers read thread, open link and are disappoint*

I’m sure Brant will have a nic(h)e 650b bike very soon, don’t worry.

rOcKeTdOg

Do hope do 27.5 hoops yet?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

RD, I’m pretty sure everyone is rushing like mad to leap aboard the new wagon. Ibis must be gutted about their Ripley. Lovely looking bike, came out just as everyone else in the industry is pushing 650 for all they’re worth!

andytherocketeer

Potentially front mech interference. Think with 2.35 NN it’s about 5mm or so. Can’t make up my mind whether high or low clamp is best in this instance (possibly low).

It might be doable, but I’d only even think about it for fast dry XC trails.

Be nice if someone has tried it, though.

matther01
    Free Member

No idea…intending to keep mine just how it is. A bloke on here did 650b to his pipedream Sirius and I think the measurements are not too dissimilar (but could be wrong).

evilclosetmonkey
    Free Member

Hope are doing crest hoops in 650b until they see what demand is like, I mailed them at the start of the year and they were meant to be out end of Feb, I’m waiting until they bring flows out.

cy

It’d go with 2.1’s which run at around 353mm radius and 52ish mm across the carcass. Part of the problem with 650b at the moment is that all the tyre manufacturers are pushing the volumes up so the big tyres are coming out at 356 or 358mm radius, which really mucks things up. Largest 26″ tyre the Soul is designed around is 344mm radius at 63mm widest point on tread (about 326mm radius)

Not tried it, and don’t know if it would fit in your forks. It would raise the BB to make the handling a bit worse without adding much IMO.

robowns
    Free Member

Still no takers on this?

chives
    Free Member

Can’t imagine what the perceived advantage would be, given Cy’s comment re – BB height; the last thing a Soul needs is a higher BB IMO, I wish they’d lower it if anything.

letmetalktomark

One 650b Soul here …… http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=270799

Pics aren’t great for judging clearance but looks smart 🙂

Not mine BTW

hock

Another example with slightly more telling pics: 650B Soul

I wonder what’s the point of fitting 650B in anyones frame if you can only fit shallow tyres as a result.

I’d much rather have tall and fat tyres on 26″ wheels: similar diameter and rolling advantages compared to 650B with the added bonus of more cushion.

Or am I wrong?

Anyway love my 2.4s in the rear of my Soul and they look real tall.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Soul 650B’ is closed to new replies.