Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cotic Rocket
  • deanfbm
    Free Member

How’d you like yours?

What sort of riding do you do?

What have you ridden to compare it to?

Looking for a ripper to replace my sb66. Has to be stiff, strong, jump well and engaged.

Will be used for swinley bumbling through to uplifts, landing flat and getting loose at places where everyone else is on dh bikes. Might even get taken to whistler.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Love mine… Do plenty of bumbling about on it but also uplift days (bike park Wales tomorrow)

only my second full sus, so only have a commencal meta to compare it to an they’re very different feeling bikes.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Been waiting 9 months for one, some people have babies quicker….

Could be renamed cotic rockin’ horse shit!.

iainc

How come others got theirs and you’re still waiting ?

Rik
    Free Member

Been waiting 9 months for one, some people have babies quicker….
    Could be renamed cotic rockin’ horse shit!.

Best post ever!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

iainc – Member
    How come others got theirs and you’re still waiting ?

POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

The others haven’t got theirs Iain, passtherizla et al got theirs from the batch previously. Myself and quite a few others on here are still waiting.

iainc

Ah, right. That’s a helluva wait. 26 inch wheels will be all the rage by the time you get it 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

26 inch wheels are still ‘all the rage’ where I ride, dahling!.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Love mine but I only mince around so can’t really compare with your riding. But I do own one:-) had it for over a year, for once I was one of the first to own something.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Loving mine.

General all round trail riding, mostly Peaks but also Lakes, the odd trail centre, Dh runs, Riviera Bike holiday etc.

I also have an Intense Uzzi which used to do dual duties as trail bike and “big” bike. I’ve ridden it once since getting the Rocket and hated it. The Rocket handles better, is over 5lb lighter, climbs leagues better and is all round more involving. it may be fractionally slower in a straight line over the rocks, but to be honest I don’t really care. I also have to make a conscious effort to ride my hardtails, as it’s just too easy to grab the Rocket, knowing it’ll do most things pretty bloody well.

Weaknesses? Being long, low and slack it’s not at it’s best on real trialsy stuff, especially if there’s not much gradient involved, and it definitely responds better to being thrashed than being bimbled on. Mine is 30lb and compared to my 22.5lb Soda it does take some winding up on flatter stuff, but then that’s true of any 150mm travel bike, I guess.

I haven’t really felt it get out of it’s depth. It was a wee handful on some of the properly steep gullys on the Innerleithen DH runs, but that’s as much the rider crapping out as anything. It dealt with the Matador drops without any problems and it jumps very nicely. Steep twisty gnadgery singletrack it’s just absolutely ****’ ace.

I’ve had mine 6 months now, and after 20 years of MTBing, it’s as close as I’ve come to being the “one” bike for the kind of riding I like. Much as I dearly love my Soda, this just shreds better.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Based on @JonEdwards review I suppose thats why they are sold out on a long waiting list

gaz552
    Free Member

It’s been so long waiting that I even get tempted by the likes these 27.5 things lol.
    Kona Process 153 being top of the list, and then there’s that YT Industries bike for 1999EUR that was post on here. It’s a pity the Rocket doesn’t accept 27.5 wheels or I could buy the YT Ind bike, ride it then strip it and put the parts on the Rocket when it’s finally available.

… Yes… This is what happens l the kind of thoughts you have when you’ve been waiting this long. Lol

misinformer
    Free Member

Has no one actually had the forsight to ask? Why after 9 months they still haven’t seen hide nor hair.I certainly would.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

misinformer – Member
    Has no one actually had the forsight to ask? Why after 9 months they still haven’t seen hide nor hair.I certainly would.

POSTED 3 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Yip.

wiggles
    Free Member

There was already a thread, they said were waiting on frames from new supplier and need to be tested etc for going to production so will be an unknown amount of time, or something like that

VanHalen

Dean, check the warenty would be valid for the Riding you describe. Cy wouldn’t warrenty a hemlock for the riding you describe when I was about to buy one.

Cheers

Mark

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Rocket’ is closed to new replies.