• This topic has 38 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Kato.
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Coppers – C4
  • Brycey
    Free Member

I’ve had the wrong impression of traffic cops all these years; I’ve grossly underestimated them…

Kevevs
    Free Member

Here comes the Smug Patrol. It’s funny what a little bit of power does to people.

rolkin
    Free Member

pissed posh bloke refuses to give breath test as it may incriminate him, ****t!

Kevevs
    Free Member

posh bloke just a first class dickhe@D!

meikle_partans
    Free Member

well i hope you guys are watching the last quarter of the program

Kevevs
    Free Member

yes, it was pretty harsh actually. Tough job. Still, those smug speed cops were annoying.

Brycey
    Free Member

Clever film making, set them up as a pair of tubes, then cut to the body bags, bereaved relatives etc. Not a nice job but still some of their patter earlier was awful.

meikle_partans
    Free Member

some of their patter earlier was awful.

first to agree with that

can we expect the same from the next episode?; one minute it’s arguments over wii’s and exasparated cops, the next its knives and batons agogo

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Kev; remember them Dirty Babylon up Regents Park that time? What they pull us for, cycling too fast or something daft? Tossers.

scraprider
    Free Member

what a knob , eyes better spent looking ahead , when hes in the outside lane of the motorway, telling that guy to keep his eyes open , pmsl

loddrik
    Free Member

I’d love to do that for a living.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Didn’t really change my opinion of them to be honest, nothing new there.

What’s this with phrases like “tubes” or, god help us all, “valves” from police camera action? I mean seriously, are we just picking random words to use as insults now?

LsD
    Free Member

Yes we are, you door………..

coffeeking
    Free Member

Grrrr. Shelf.

LsD
    Free Member

Oooooooo……….you complete and utter Pelicon Crossing!!! 😡 :etc:

coffeeking
    Free Member

Oooh another one on TV a second ago “This bulkhead got stuck in the vent”.

Time to start culling.

cb

Most telling part of the program was when the guy who killed the old lady through dangerous driving got 300 hours community service!

retro83
    Free Member

scraprider – Member

what a knob , eyes better spent looking ahead , when hes in the outside lane of the motorway, telling that guy to keep his eyes open , pmsl

Yeah, I had to check on 4od later on to see if I’d imagined it.

What a syringe.

Kato

Most telling part of the program was when the guy who killed the old lady through dangerous driving got 300 hours community service!

Yep, but it seems most others were too distracted by cr@p phrases and were they were looking whilst driving, to notice that. 300 hours for a life

trailertrash

They washed the bodies of the three dead children before the families saw them in the morgue. I don’t care how bad their patter was. That got my respect. Jeeezzzo.

philconsequence
    Free Member

if you could hear the way nurses and doctors talk and joke when behind closed doors i’m sure you’d all think we were d1cks…. but then when we walk out of that room and deal with what we deal with it is somehow met with “couldnt do your job mate”.

the ones who sit in the office with a “you cant joke about that?!” attitude tend to be the ones who have a breakdown and dont come back to work the next day.

retro83
    Free Member

Kato – Member
    Yep, but it seems most others were too distracted by cr@p phrases and were they were looking whilst driving, to notice that. 300 hours for a life

For me at least it is not that. I didn’t have enough detail of what happened, and why that particular sentence was awarded in order to be able to form a decent opinion on it. Those who did have all the evidence in front of them made that judgement, so I have to respect that.

spacemonkey

Like Retro83 says, we don’t know the full extent of what happened. But on the surface it seems an accurate example of how woefully inadequate and PC our justice system is. Couple that with the amount of BS/paperwork/politics that coppers have to wade through, then you have to ask how much longer can this BS system continue.

Kato

@retro83

I’m well used to baffling sentances being handed out, no matter what the evidence

project
    Free Member

A few years ago a neighbour who was traffic police walked up the car park looked upset and carrying a few kids presents, I said everything ok, he said no not really,he had just been called out to a drunk driver, who had killed a 11 year old lad, and drove off but they caught him, he had just been to tell the family their son had been killed.

The toys he was carrying where for his own son, as it was his birthday and he was late, his words its a tough job.

How do you cope with that.

He had a few other stories and i have utmost respect for him and collegues for the job they do.

cb

@retro and Spacemonkey.

I assume that the driver’s behaviour had been pretty appalling – he was convicted after all. He committed an offence that led to the death of someone else – not sure I’m happy living in a society that values any life at 300 hours of community service. There’s always mitigation and extenuating circumstances (lawyers are paid to invent them if they don’t exist) but even so…

firestarter
    Free Member

Early hours of this morning we cut some young lads out of a car made me think about my driving taking the kids to nursey when I got home 🙁 never gets easier. Fair play to those lads having to deal with the family afterwards

pacemaker
    Free Member

Early hours of this morning we cut some young lads out of a car

Wykebeck Valley Rd ??

Houns

My old man is a retired traffic cop, some of the things he’s seen and had to deal with are truly shocking. I think the only time i’ve seen him really upset after work was when he was first on the scene after a 7 year old girl fell under a bus and got decapitated

firestarter
    Free Member

Yeah pacemaker lol that car was a mess wasn’t it. who are you with mate

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

In common with most, I will never understand why some people are prepared to take potentially life ending risks in order to overtake or get to work 30 seconds quicker.

The recklessness is breathtaking. They usually regard themselves as good drivers, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary.

I estimate there to be somewhere in the region of 10-20% of drivers who should have their licences permanently revoked, with immediate effect.

Basics like mirror, signal and manoeuvre are becoming a lost art. I’m almost surprised to see anyone using a roundabout correctly these days and you come to expect utterly unhinged driving at every junction.

retro83
    Free Member

cb – Member

@retro
    and Spacemonkey.

I assume that the driver’s behaviour had been pretty appalling – he was convicted after all. He committed an offence that led to the death of someone else – not sure I’m happy living in a society that values any life at 300 hours of community service. There’s always mitigation and extenuating circumstances (lawyers are paid to invent them if they don’t exist) but even so…

Again, why would you assume that?

The court saw all of the evidence and chose to award that sentence. I think causing death by dangerous driving can carry a long prison sentence (7 years?) so perhaps the sentence here indicates that yes, a mistake was made but it was a small one.

For example, how many times a day in this country does somebody run into the back of somebody else at a junction? 99.9% of the time it results in a broken bumper, maybe a sore neck.

0.1% though, the person in front might have been on the clutch instead of the brake and rolled forward into fast moving traffic, resulting in their death.

I’m not saying that’s what has happened here, just trying to illustrate that sometimes small everyday incidents can have horrific ramifications, and that prison is not necessarily beneficial in any way to anyone involved.

U31
    Free Member

That’s basicly what i said to the Mrs, Retro, we aren’t in possession of the full facts and maybe in some way the deceased lady was in part responsible for the accident, despite what her husband thinks… Its human nature for him to seek blame and retribution. the driver wasn’t a murderer, no matter how good or irresponsible a driver, he didn’t set out that day with the intention to kill.

cb

If the conviction was for Death by Dangerous Driving – then the clue is in the title. Assumptions are always questionable but in this case the driver had been convicted. If he/she had just made a mistake (which we all do) then a lesser charge would have been brought or he/she would have been acquitted.

I don’t pretend to know what one has to do behind the wheel of a car in order to be convicted of Death by Dangerous Driving but I’m pretty sure a shunt into the back of a car or a slip on the clutch wouldn’t cut the mustard. The driver was found guilty after all the evidence had been presented – 300 hours community service wouldn’t please me if it had been my relative that had died.

I never stated that his/her intention was to kill or that they had “murdered” anyone.

U31
    Free Member

You didn’t state “murderer”, but the Widower did…
    Blinded by grief and not thinking rationally no doubt.. UNLESS there are other facts that he knows that were not aired in the programme, of course

retro83
    Free Member

cb – Member

If the conviction was for Death by Dangerous Driving – then the clue is in the title. Assumptions are always questionable but in this case the driver had been convicted. If he/she had just made a mistake (which we all do) then a lesser charge would have been brought or he/she would have been acquitted.

I don’t pretend to know what one has to do behind the wheel of a car in order to be convicted of Death by Dangerous Driving but I’m pretty sure a shunt into the back of a car or a slip on the clutch wouldn’t cut the mustard. The driver was found guilty after all the evidence had been presented – 300 hours community service wouldn’t please me if it had been my relative that had died.

I never stated that his/her intention was to kill or that they had “murdered” anyone.

Sorry, just to make it clear I don’t know if the conviction was for causing death by dangerous driving.

I was saying that there may well have been *an offence*, but not one which merited a prison sentence.

U31 – Member

You didn’t state “murderer”, but the Widower did…
    Blinded by grief and not thinking rationally no doubt.. UNLESS there are other facts that he knows that were not aired in the programme, of course

Yeah, spot on.

juan
    Free Member

Yes we are, you door………..

No no you probably mean : you gate (see what I did here elf)

cb

@retro – pretty sure the narrator said the driver HAD been convicted of Death by Dangerous Driving – that was my whole point. It wasn’t an assumption that he/she was driving like a tool – it was a conviction.

Agree that lesser offenses are suitable for community service.

I’m sure the guy was affected by his grief – most people would be. Even typical van man that drives like that all day every day would be. Would it change his behaviour – who knows? I hope it doesn’t happen but if either of you were on the wrong end of a similar event, how would you feel about some guy that had driven in an avoidable fashion, ultimately leading to the death of your missus (and been convicted of doing so)?

Kato

The charge was death by careless driving. Death by dangerous driving is nearly always a prison term

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Coppers – C4’ is closed to new replies.