Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • coolest darkside bike ever?
  • njee20
    Free Member

I’m sorry, but (IIRC) you own the Northwave ‘Tuxedo’ jersey, so you have no idea whatsoever of what is cool and everything you say on the matter is totally invalid.

There are fewer District Carbons than De Rosa Majibits, and the Trek isn’t produced in Taiwan. Further confirming your lack of knowledge on the subject.

neninja
    Free Member

It’s utterly pointless, poorly thought out and ugly.

Looks well fabricated with some interesting ideas but is totally compromised by the short wheelbase, heavy non-aero front fork and a frame that looks a bit suspect.

RealMan
    Free Member

the Trek isn’t produced in Taiwan.

Don’t think I said it was…

I’m sorry, but (IIRC) you own the Northwave ‘Tuxedo’ jersey, so you have no idea whatsoever of what is cool and everything you say on the matter is totally invalid.

That jersey is bangin’ 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Don’t think I said it was…

Whilst the DeRosa…

That jersey is a true abomination, it really is woefully tacky. Your defence of it confirms that you really do know nothing about cool. I 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

TBH I’d give it up for this, but it’s a bit pricey.

I have a sneaking suspicion you’re just jealous that you can’t pull off a look like that..

Whilst the DeRosa…

I don’t care where or how it’s made. I make involuntary noises every time I see one. Have you seen their site?

http://www.derosanews.com/

It’s got some Italian bloke in a suit that’s like mafia blue or something, and he looks like he’s just been disrespected by someone who’s gonna regret it. And they’ve got a picture of what looks like a modern team of Italian hardmen with 70s haircuts. It’s off the f***ing chain.

D0NK

For everyone moaning about it being impractical, lambos are impractical.

Lambos are for going fast and making ladies knickers fall down (or atleast I assume that’s what the owners think will happen) you’re going to feel a bit of a tool if you’re in a lambo and a nissan micra cruises passed and leaves you for dead. Which is pretty much what will happen to this guy, he’ll go out to “shred” and a handy rider on a perfectly normal roadbike will overtake him.

Liking that commuter njee

footflaps

I do like this one:

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I know it’s a bit of a logo overload, but this looks flippin cool…

But for me, this is just stunningly cool…

jackthedog
    Free Member

The only cool bike posted on this thread so far is the Boris Bike.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Whaddayoulot like..

That bike is designed for a singular purpose, of course it’s cool, it’s an interpretation of one mans minds eye design, perfect..
    Stop squabbling, hhahhaahahaha

That Fuji is a loverly thing, so too the De Rosa..

jackthedog
    Free Member

That bike is designed for a singular purpose […] it’s an interpretation of one mans minds eye design, perfect..

Reads like the very definition of uncool.

cookeaa

So what precisely is it meant to be?

Following the 2nd pic with it’s rider I assume this is the start of the latest niche “Aero Hipster” for when you can’t hang about and need to get to that coffee shop with free Wifi to watch a gripping Webcast on your ipatch or the like…

It is niether cool nor likely to go fast and for those reason I’m out!

bigyim
    Free Member

I respect all of your opinions. But you’re wrong. It’s still a cool bike.

If someone said here wanna go on my bike down this big hill, tell me you wouldn’t smile and jump on the cool machine

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Jebus guys, it’s a gravity bike! The point is you sit on it and whizz down a hill with no other propulsion than Newton’s Finest!

Would you compare a hang-glide to a fighter jet? Or a bob-sleigh to a ski-doo?

It’s a cool – albeit slightly clumsily built – tool for a specific sport. I want a go on it, therefore, it’s cool!

crazy-legs

The Fuji is too garish and Euro to be cool.
    I do like those English bikes though. The TT one is probably not UCI-legal though…

cookeaa

But it’s not a particularly good stab at a “Gravity bike” really…

If your design goal is to optimise a bike for gravity fed only descent on tarmac, then surely the main focus has to be aerodynamics and stability at speed, so a rider sat on the thing in a fetal position Vs stretching the rider out over a longer chassis with a more stable wheelbase, I’d opt for the later just to reduce frontal area as a starter, are they actually limited on wheelbase or something?

Just seems like this design will be less stable at speed with a higher COG, more frontal area and short twichy wheelbase…

Definately a “Minds eye Vision” rather than a physics or engineering based concept…

Still each to their own….

aracer
    Free Member

I want a go on it, therefore, it’s cool!

Is that definition based on the fact you think you’re cool?

cookeaa

http://www.gravitybike.com/Gbikes/What.html

http://www.gravitybike.com

Hmmm, having googled the sport now it seems very Ummm “American”….

The podium shots have plently of “Big boned chaps” I can only assume it appeals due to the lack of requirement for pedaling…
    A thinner chap would appear to have a natural Aero and cornering advantage…

This is not a “Cool” Sport…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Awe..so a bloke with some tube, a welder and some idea about sticking it alltogether, slaming some wheels on it, and going fast downhill is uncool eh..
    It is be it’s definition, cool.

rusty90
    Free Member

100lbs of lard and a goatee beard seems to be the recipe for success in Gravity Biking. Mind you, doing 90mph (they claim) on a converted BMX could be quite ‘interesting’.

cookeaa

Define Cool then…

Obese Yanks attempting to fold their ample bodies onto a botched childs bike so they can trundle down a closed road doesn’t strike me as “Cool”…

Shibboleth
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    Is that definition based on the fact you think you’re cool?

I AM cool…

Having had a look at those links, I want a go!!! Shall we organise an STW gravity league?

jackthedog
    Free Member

It’s the subject of a STW debate. It isn’t cool.

cookeaa

As uncool as it is. I think there should be an STW Gravity League started…

Goatee and Gut compulsory…

RealMan
    Free Member

The TT one is probably not UCI-legal though…

I think it is actually.

Loving that Berner footflaps, it’s like a glorious JCB.

That Fuji is hideous, and not just because it isn’t slammed.

Also, when you ride down a mountain road on a road bike, you pedal out of the corners, otherwise you go really slow. So what happens when you get to a corner on that scooter thing?

Which is pretty much what will happen to this guy, he’ll go out to “shred” and a handy rider on a perfectly normal roadbike will overtake him.

+1

Shibboleth
    Free Member

The point isn’t how much faster a pedaled bike would be, the point is how fast you can make a completely unpowered bike go.
    Same as soap box racing… Looks like it could be bloody good fun!

aracer
    Free Member

Having just been watching my older son (who’s perfectly capable of riding a bike with pedals) on his little brother’s bike, I’ve realised that this is just the adult version of one of these:

Presumably for people who’ve made it to 30 without learning how to pedal?

frank4short
    Free Member

Clearly it’s this

here!

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘coolest darkside bike ever?’ is closed to new replies.