Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cool little addition to strava….
  • DrP

Got strava?
    Got mates with strava?
    Got a GPS thingy for your bike?
    Want to be like them? Dress like them, ride where they ride??

You need This little ditty…

Grab the URL from their strava page, pop it in here, and in the time it takes you to strip down to just your Lycra pants and slap yourself in the face till you’re all “strava up in your head” you can pop the .gpx file into your little bikey pc and follow the exact same route they use to be faster than you……

DrP

PiknMix
    Free Member

Great find!

Kryton57

All I need now is some mates…

nemtbroutes
    Free Member

Good but not as good as raceshape.com

Rickos
    Free Member

So any pillock can come along and ride your cheeky local route without even saying hello?
    Strava is way too open for my liking.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So any pillock can come along and rideupload your cheeky local route without even saying hellothinking?
    Strava is way too openPeople are way to stupid for my liking.

You can make trails private.
    Your cheeky trail is also other peoples trail too

Rickos
    Free Member

Yes, but making trails private then means it won’t even let you compare times with your own private segments and segments are the whole point of strava. I only use it at trail centres and stuff now, otherwise it’s Endomondo for me. And yes, cheeky trails are used by loads of people, but lets not advertise the fact to the forestry commission and the like.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Can this be used with the likes of a Garmin to race against peoples times/routes? I have just bought an edge 500 and was thinking about taking someones route from Strava and putting it into the Garmin the other night but I’m crap with all this new fangled technology,so I gave up.

DT78
    Free Member

Interesting, I have manage to get a route out of strava onto my 800 using the power of google. Was a faff and I couldn’t race it just follow

epo-aholic
    Free Member

i think you need a 605, 705 or 800 to utilise this….

DrP

Can this be used with the likes of a Garmin to race against peoples times/routes? I have just bought an edge 500 and was thinking about taking someones route from Strava and putting it into the Garmin the other night but I’m crap with all this new fangled technology,so I gave up.

You might be able to convert the track (which it uploads to memory map as) to a course, then race against that?
    Not 100% sure if the info contains speed etc, or just the track details.

And as for the comments about people “nicking” your routes – you’re uploading them to an open site! Anyone could come along and have a peek at where you’ve ridden, this doesn’t really change that!

DrP

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cool little addition to strava….’ is closed to new replies.