Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • Cooking question
  • molgrips
    Free Member

If a recipe calls for cheese or cream cheese to be used in a sauce – can you use cottage cheese instead?

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

yes????

molgrips
    Free Member

By which I mean does it melt up nicely into a sauce?

uplink
    Free Member

on toast?

🙂 – I suspect it doesn’t melt too well

oh ……… & you’re going straight to hell

molgrips
    Free Member

Believe me, I don’t want frigging cottage cheese in my life. Blame bloody iDave for this.

I am just wondering if it can make a sauce and therefore hide its innate skankiness.

toab
    Free Member

Cottage cheese sometimes goes a bit watery and gross when you melt it, get some ricotta, or mix one part philadelphia with two parts dolcelate, or just buy a pot of cheese sauce.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

low fat stuff doesn’t work too well unless you try and drain it well lots of slimming recipes use cottage cheese and you end up very watery

Solo
    Free Member

Grips.

I cant help but think that you’re a bit of a wuss, with this iDave dietary suggestions.

If you’re still giving it a go, cheese is out, a cheesy type source, is out. The suggestions of what to eat are quite clear and varied enough.
    Yet, you seem to be looking to find a way to eat all the things you use to, while trying to follow the iDave suggestions.

What part of giving up the stuff that chubbs you up and replace those with NEW MEALS, don’t you get ?.

I struggle to see just how difficult you’re making this for yourself.

Stop trying to fudge it. You can’t have your old cake and eat it.
    So find a totally different cake.

MTFU, I’d suggest that you spend less time on here going on about how difficult you’re finding this, and use that time to find NEW STUFF.

sharkbait
    Free Member

If a recipe calls for cheese or cream cheese to be used in a sauce – can you use cottage cheese instead?

Doubtful

trailmonkey

No is the answer. It will seperate with heat, you won’t get the desired effect but you will get rather dubious looking white lumps in the sauce.

Whatever you’re cooking, wait until treat day and do it properly.

molgrips
    Free Member

I cant help but think that you’re a bit of a wuss, with this iDave dietary suggestions.

I am a wuss yes. However this is a cooking thread.

The cottage cheese comment above was supposed to be a joke.

What part of giving up the stuff that chubbs you up and replace those with NEW MEALS, don’t you get ?

This is exactly 100% what I am doing.

Cottage cheese is explicitly IN the diet. So I’m doing exactly what you are saying and looking for new recipe ideas. In this case I’m planning on making white chicken chili, an American recipe that sometimes calls for cheese. I thought cottage cheese might be a decent alternative. It’s something I’ve never made before and I am going to cook in a new way. See how it works?

Nastiness FAIL I’m afraid.

funkynick

Hold on… I thought milk was out of the diet because of the exaggerated insulin response it caused…

molgrips
    Free Member

Milk yes, cottage cheese no.

spw3

No.

molgrips
    Free Member

Lots of people online say you can stir it into things like ricotta.

funkynick

So you allowed normal cheese then?

You do know that cottage cheese is only normal cheese that hasn’t been set yet don’t you, and still contains a reasonable amount of whey. It’s dead simple to make as well.

So I’m a little confused why milk is not allowed, but cottage cheese is…

But then again, I was asking similar questions on the other thread and am still none-the-wiser!

emsz
    Free Member

Cottage cheese. Bleeeuuurghhh

Looks like sick, smells like sick, probably tastes like it to.

funkynick

emsz… you must have weird sick if it tastes of cottage cheese.

Or had you just been eating cottage cheese when you had been sick?

I’m confused now…

molgrips
    Free Member

So I’m a little confused why milk is not allowed, but cottage cheese is..

You and me both. Maybe the fat content of normal cheese, I dunno.

midlifecrashes

Use Nutella instead, what could go wrong?

warton
    Free Member

The iDave diet seems to be such a black art, all to do something that is very simple to do..

exercise every day, eat porridge for breakie, eat salad for lunch, eat a small healthy tea, and the weight will fall off.

FACT.

molgrips
    Free Member

exercise every day, eat porridge for breakie, eat salad for lunch, eat a small healthy tea, and the weight will fall off.

FACT

Lol! You know nothing.

iDave
    Free Member

The iDave diet seems to be such a black art, all to do something that is very simple to do..

It’s actually very very simple, but some very simple things can be made to seem complicated. Most people find it very easy to follow.

And you’ll spend the day hungry, go to bed hungry and you’ll also most likely lose muscle mass

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

iDo almost everything that the diet says not to… if I stop exercising what’s going to happen to me? Serious question.

warton
    Free Member

Lol! You know nothing.

I weigh just under 12 stone, less than 10% fat and eat what I all of the time. I have never had a problem with weight. so I know more than you.

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol 🙂

If you eat what you want all of the time then how on earth do you know about dieting?

It is simple and effective. I’m still exploring recipes that I find tasty. That’s why I posted a COOKING question not “a please help me I’m weak” or anything.

Bottom line is some folk are naturally skinny, some aren’t. If you are naturally skinny then f off all the diet threads.

warton
    Free Member

I’ll look at whatever I choose thank you mother. What happens when you reach your ‘target weight’? Serious question.

emsz
    Free Member

Molly, why is it that you’re desperate to weigh less, and yet seem to find loads of reasons why you aren’t ever going to?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

if I stop exercising what’s going to happen to me

It appears to give meaning to your life, so just have a think about how it will feel with no meaning.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ouch Darcy!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Did you mean in a physical sense? 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Ouch Darcy!

True tho innit?

Don’t you go the gym like 15 times a day?

Worse things to fill your time with tho. For example, Darcy gives his life meaning with pastries and getting sand in his vagina.*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

🙂 hahaha… [CONTENT REMOVED]

Nice to have you back James. Where’ve you been?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Double Ouch.

vagina

You do remember what one is don’t you? And that boys don’t have them.

Nice to have you back James.

I hoped for a second maybe he was near a vagina somewhere, but I doubt it. Yes, nice to have you back… 😉

iDave
    Free Member

I have accepted that life has no meaning. Not sure if it means I can or can’t go for a run in the morning before eating cottage cheese.

Jamie
    Free Member

I did look at cottage cheese as a source of low fat protein once.

F’ing rank.

Rather use protein powders.

You do remember what one is don’t you? And that boys don’t have them.

For running away from, as they have teeth and will bite your chap off.

Nice to have you back James. Where’ve you been?

Real life nonsense.

….but on the plus side…just ordered new toy:

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Go for a run whilst eating or not eating cottage cheese?

Just make sure you go for a run. The cheese is not really of any relevance.

emsz
    Free Member

Good film though

iDave
    Free Member

I liked it mixed with runny egg when I was about 7 – not touched the stuff since. It’s proper goppshit.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Lightning edit is editing like lightning.

Good film though

Jimmers’ favourite. He’s posted that **** pic about 31 times.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Cooking question’ is closed to new replies.