Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Cooking question
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Lightning edit is editing like lightning.

Like greased lightning……

Jimmers’ favourite. He’s posted that **** pic about 31 times.

emsz
    Free Member

Should I paint my toenails?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Who’s been edting? I was on the other channel for a second?

Jeez James even you’re out teching me!! Everyone’s going fitness gadget crazy and I’m still relying on feeling sick and sweating a lot.

I’m clearly not as comitted as I thought!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

emsz – yes you should.

Should I take a 3rd bottle of cider into the bath with me?

And, if I’m a medium in a pearl izumi top, but the sizing chart says I should be a large. Should I go against other brands lycra sizing charts… or do I just like really tight lycra?

emsz
    Free Member

OK. yes to more cider

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

fitness gadget crazy

I have an itchy bit on my bum – just near the exit point – should I scratch it?

emsz
    Free Member

Wash your hands straight after. LOL

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yep, Jamies got that fancy watch. Molgrips bought a powertap.. which I guess is like a beer tap but for power.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

straight after

Shneaky sniff first though…you gotta don’t you? 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What watch? I’ve got a 310XT – T standing for Triathlon – someday I’ll do one 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Jeez James even you’re out teching me!! Everyone’s going fitness gadget crazy and I’m still relying on feeling sick and sweating a lot.

Not really tech overloading. Had a Forerunner 405 for running. Bought bike so got the 310XT for both and sold the 405. Can also swim in it apparently.

Efficient.

Yep, Jamies got that fancy watch. Molgrips bought a powertap.. which I guess is like a beer tap but for power.

Oi! Don’t bracket me with Molgrips. Power meter do daa is about a million squid.

emsz
    Free Member

17 Risky Red or Love? or Mysterious Blue (glittery)

I got a cheap Heart rate thingy for Xmas, too scared to use it

Shneaky sniff first though…you gotta don’t you?

God, you’re vile LOL

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Can also swim in it apparently.

So I’ve heard 😳

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Mysterious Risky Love

Sounds like an evening in the lay-by with philconsequence and TSY 😯

Jamie
    Free Member

So I’ve heard

My local Lido opens next month so hopefully will try it out.

emsz
    Free Member

*shudders*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Not sure you still invited to the lay by Darcy after being so catty earlier!

Running, swimming and cycling Jamie… slippery slope there! Fancy joining me and her Filthyness for a 2 day epic sportive?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

Molly, why is it that you’re desperate to weigh less, and yet seem to find loads of reasons why you aren’t ever going to?

Whaddya mean?

Jamie – I want one of those.

And the power tap I bought in 2007 when they were £500 not the £1100 they seem to be now…

Solo
    Free Member

how on earth do you know about dieting?

Thats it, just there. You haven’t adjusted, you’re still thinking in terms that would please many marketing types.

You are not dieting, dieting as the the marketing men would have you think of it, doesn’t work. I thought we established that on Alexxx’s thread.

Look, I had the impression that this all starts with the person determining that this is going to be an enduring, permanent change to their eating habits, their diet.

you do seem to posses a superior ability to be quite irritating when discussing this subject.

Why are you trying to mess about with pretend / unfinished cheese ?.

Just have your Carbonara on your one day off every week. Then you can have your cheesey source, with pasta and more cheese grated on top.

Consider all the different places / cultures in the world where people exist quite happily without cheese, muffins, whatever.

Ok, so you experimented by putting chick peas in with a ragu source, I think ?. And you didn’t like it. Well, at least you had a go, but then its just back to the drawing board, and not back to trying to eat what made you heavier than you’d like to be in the first place.

If you need recipes, then have you spent a good amount of time on sites like the BBC food site ?.
    You know, you can look at a recipe, and if 80 percent of it falls into line with what you are wanting to eat, for whatever reason, then try it and improvise.

Another site that freely lists recipes is the Jamie Oliver website.
    You can find stuff on there, and just convert them into a low GI version.

For example. I found a Japanese style dressing / source, but it included mustard powder and……SUGAR !!!.

So guess what, I deleted the sugar, and the mustard powder (personal preferrence on the mustard) and the result is still suitable to my tastes, I really like it.

That example is just for a condement. But if you look at a lot of stuff, a lot of foods aren’t anything, until they are dressed in a source, etc.

Take iDave’s mashed butter beans. They probably don’t do much alone, but mix in pepper, or mint, or whatever, and you’re away.

Same for salads. Who eats a salad without a dressing of some type ?.
    (answers not required)

Do you have any recipes that you actually like yet ?, stuff you’ll be happy to eat once a week / fortnight, indefinately ?.

😕

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie – I want one of those.

Might want to hold tight for a wee while.

Garmin are announcing a new watch at the London Marathon Expo next week. I am leaving the 310XT in the box, in case it is the 310s successor which has been rumoured. Apparently similar features, but smaller size and possibly touch screen. The latter will be enough for me not to want it though.

Thing is, time from announcement to retail channels filling is usually 1-2 months and Garmin have a habit of beta testing products on their customers, bit like Apple, so will probably just use the 310XT for the next 6 months then if the new one is any cop pick one up at xmas.

Jamie
    Free Member

you do seem to posses a superior ability to be quite irritating when discussing this subject.

Heh.

molgrips
    Free Member

Why are you trying to mess about with pretend / unfinished cheese ?

Dunno what the issue is here (besides being irritating, which I accept). I’m doing exactly what you say. It’s like ready steady cook – I’m looking at the ingredients I have and coming up with dishes that I like the look of.

if 80 percent of it falls into line with what you are wanting to eat, for whatever reason, then try it and improvise

Again, exactly what I’m doing. I found some white chilli recipes that had cheese in and some that didn’t. I wondered if cottage cheese could make a sauce since that’s on the list. Just don’t understand what the issue is here.

Ok so the joke I made sounded like whining – I apologise and all. But really – this was just a quick cooking question, that’s all. Never cooked with cottage cheese before, just asked for advice. I googled and also called my mum.

I asked for advice BEFORE cooking the dish since I didn’t want to make a big bowl of inedible slop, which has happened in the past 🙂

Re the ‘diet’ question, for me this IS a diet. I don’t think I can eat like this permanently, there is too much missing that I love. When my BF seems to level off, I’ll hold for a while and then re-introduce some of the things I miss (like milk and fruit) and see if my weight goes up again. If it does, then I’ll re-think.

phil.w
    Free Member

Jamie – Do you know what the difference is between the Garmin 305 and the 310 apart from the shape. I’m close to buying one but cant see what makes it £100+ more.

Cougar

Re the ‘diet’ question, for me this IS a diet.

“diet” = “what you eat.”
    “on a diet” = “trying to change your diet / eat less.”

I stuff whatever I like down my gullet without much thought to it, that’s my diet, it doesn’t mean I’m “on a diet.”

emsz
    Free Member

Because Molly you seem to have endless problems doing what is essentially very simple ( teenage girls are experts doncha no)

Eat less food. There you go it’s that simple ok? Stop with the excuses about how rubbish it makes you feel just get on with it. You’ll loose weight garanteed!

molgrips
    Free Member

Eat less food. There you go it’s that simple ok?

Ah but I can reliably inform you that it’s not that simple. What about my posts makes you think I have not thought enough about this? 🙂

Seriously though – it is now becoming apparent through several studies that reducing calories doesn’t necessarily make for a good weight loss strategy.

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie – Do you know what the difference is between the Garmin 305 and the 310 apart from the shape. I’m close to buying one but cant see what makes it £100+ more.

The differences are mainly:

310XT is waterproof to 50m, but you cannot use HRM in the water, and the 305 is IPX7 rated.

310XT has 2x battery life at 20hours.

310XT has the ability to use power meters with it

310XT is slightly more ergonomic, but is still a brick.

310XT has vibration alerts.

For more detail than I could ever go into check out this guys blog:

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/p/product-reviews.html

and have a look here for a direct comparison of features:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/compare.do?cID=141&compareProduct=27335&compareProduct=349

To be honest, I am actually wondering if I should cancel the 310XT order and just go for the 305, as I am mainly going to be using it for running and cycling, don’t have a power meter and not fussed about the size.

£110 is the current price difference between the two, so It does seem like quite a lot of money for not that much extra functionality.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The 310XT will make you do a triathlon 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

The 310XT will make you do a triathlon

305 will also tho.

molgrips
    Free Member

Can you set up interval training sessions on it?

iDave
    Free Member

reducing calories doesn’t necessarily make for a good weight loss strategy.

neither is exercise – allegedly…..

Jamie
    Free Member

What about my posts makes you think I have not thought enough about this?

Just because someone has thought alot about a subject, does not mean they will be correct.

I could think about atomic fission for a couple of days and still not have a flying **** of a clue.

phil.w
    Free Member

cheers Jamie, going to go for the 305 as don’t need to swim with it (nor have a power meter).

phil.w
    Free Member

ooohhh looky looky even better

Jamie
    Free Member

Just a heads up. Garmin do not offer a warranty on auction purchases.

Also. If you do not plan on using the HRM, then get the 205. Same watch, just without the HRM. £80ish on Amazon at the mo.

cheers Jamie, going to go for the 305 as don’t need to swim with it (nor have a power meter).

I am thinking likewise. My 310XT has not shipped yet from Amazon……but….its…..new……and…..shinier….arghhh!

molgrips
    Free Member

Just because someone has thought alot about a subject, does not mean they will be correct.

True but she seemed to imply I’d missed the obvious, whereas the obvious is traditionally a starting point 🙂

Re Garmin, their ‘repair’ policy is fantastic, and enough to secure me as a loyal customer on its own, aside from the excellent quality of their stuff.

My Edge 305 fell off my bike and got run over by several cars, smashing it to bits. They sent me a new one for £60!

molgrips
    Free Member

Cottage cheese did mix in, but it wasn’t the right flavour at all. Chilli likes cheese but it has to be strong cheese like mature Cheddar. The Cottage cheese was a light fluffy kind of taste.

However I only tested a small sample so the batch is still good and going down well. It’s a bit of a sleeper mind 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

Use strong cheddar then. 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Are you trying to get me off the iDave diet? 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Cooking question’ is closed to new replies.