Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Considering a Niner RLT, but what else is there?
  • Daffy

It needs to have the ability to run SS/Alfine with discs which I can accomplish with a PFBB and a Niner Biocentric.

Ideas?

flange
    Free Member

Hmm, depends on what you want to do with it really.

Airborne (or whatever they’re called now) did the carpe diem which took discs and was tres awesome. Mine is alloy but they do a it one too
    Shand stoater
    Salsa vaya – I think they do one with replaceable dropouts
    Or much cheapness – a charge grater. Eccentric bb and disc only.

flange
    Free Member

I also have a niner biocentric unused if you need one

Daffy

Forgot to mention, it MUST be light and stiff. It’s going to be doing circa 300 miles per week.

flange
    Free Member

It’s hard to see past the niner then.

Other options could be the salsa warbird or colossus maybe although you might struggle with the ebb/ss side of things. Also not cheap.

Or maybe a burls? Justin will build you what you want , out of what you want and is a great chap to deal with.

Daffy

I do like the Warbird, I also quite like the CX ti, but it’s over £600 more expensive.

benji
    Free Member

I hate to put a fly in the ointment, the normal Niner biocentric does not fit the RLT as it has a PF30 bottom bracket shell rather than the larger size that Niner use for it’s mountain bikes.

It’s not a show stopper though as the Problem Solvers E46 does fit a PF30 bottom bracket, and so far is working very well.

As for ride absolutely love it, very positive geometry is spot on, bottom bracket is a little low but it’s not a problem, just means it’s easier to slide about 🙂

Daffy

But Niner’s own website states that the Biocentric 30 fits the RLT…

Niner BioCentric Website

benji
    Free Member

The Biocentric 30 is a different bottom bracket from the Nine Biocentric II, so far Jungle/Stif have not seen the Biocentric 30, the release date has slipped over six months so far. I’m probably being a bit of a pedant, as I bought the frame and then had the fright of trying to sort a bottom bracket in time for race season beginning, as I really wanted to race it singlespeed and not geared, which I have achieved.

The other one that fits is the one from Beer components but haven’t personally tried one.

shandcycles
    Free Member

Just to echo Benji, I think the Biocentric 30 is what they call vapourware. We looked at them for our Stoater but the release date kept slipping. We now spec the Beer Components one and we’re very happy with it. Although we had used the PS E46 for a while and there’s wasn’t much wrong with that either.

tang
    Free Member

Ted James will do you a lovely frame, he machines a Niner bb himself. Prob over budget but he’s close to you.

aP
    Free Member

@shandcycles – might be interested in finding out about that for herself’s RLT.
    ps just waiting to see Grant’s stoater in bronze with asymmetric bits……

notmyrealname
    Free Member

so far Jungle/Stif have not seen the Biocentric 30, the release date has slipped over six months so far. I’m probably being a bit of a pedant, as I bought the frame and then had the fright of trying to sort a bottom bracket in time for race season beginning, as I really wanted to race it singlespeed and not geared, which I have achieved.

At least it’s not just me then, I’ve had exactly the same experience with Niner/Jungle and ended up with a Problem Solvers PF30 EBB on my Air9.
    If I’d known that it was going to be such a hassle sorting it out I don’t think I’d have bought the Niner.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Considering a Niner RLT, but what else is there?’ is closed to new replies.