Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Confused Express readers
  • swamp_boy

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/101112/We-re-just-so-ANGRY

Out of the list of ten things that make them angry:

5] Foreign call centres

6] Racist and bigoted behaviour

GrahamS

IMHO you don’t have to a be a racist or bigoted to be annoyed by the fact that calling a “UK call centre” re-routes your call to somewhere where the actual call quality is awful and, thanks to regional differences, the operator can’t understand a word you say and vice versa.

Mind you I get equally annoyed when dealing with a London call centre that can’t understand a Scottish accent 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

I tend to agree with Graham.

That is a wretchedly petty list though. Can people not raise themselves above that sort of thing?

How about being angry about the sheer bloody ingratitude of sheep?

Or raging against the fecklessness of clouds?

Today I am mostly angry about the stupid schism between soya milk and sheeps milk.

nickc

The top 10 frustrations for Britons:

1 Queue-jumpers.

2 Traffic jams.

3 Rude service in shops.

4 Ill-mannered neighbours.

5 Foreign call centres.

6 Racist and bigoted behaviour.

7 Erratic driving.

8 Swearing in public.

9 Spitting in the street.

10 Badly functioning computers.

Can’t honestly say that I find swearing in public frustrating…

Sandwich

Just don’t get me started on Goats Milk.

chakaping
    Free Member

The way the Daily Express has been allowed to become such a tawdry little rag is pretty frustrating.

IanMunro
    Free Member

How come the unsolved murder of Diana – The People’s Princess! isn’t on the list?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I agree with GrahamS – you don’t have to be racist to get annoyed when the person who’s dealing with your problem (of which you might already be annoyed about) can’t understand you. Or for that matter, if you can’t understand them.

BTW, I’m quite impressed that Express readers rank ‘racist and bigoted behaviour’ as their 5th greatest frustration – I wouldn’t have expected that.

trailmonkey

Mind you I get equally annoyed when dealing with a London call centre that can’t understand a Scottish accent

Of course the irony being that many UK based call centres are based in Scotland and in truth, I usually understand the Indian based operatives much better.

uplink
    Free Member

At least the operators in India have proper English names like Clive, Alfred & Susan 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Confused Express readers’ is closed to new replies.