• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by cp.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Compression socks/Calf guard recommendations?
  • oddjob
    Free Member

My skins powersox are getting rather old and slack (or my calves have shrunk which is also an option).

I generally sleep in them because they help with my chronic night-time cramps.

Any recommendations? I think I would prefer the calf guards to the socks but I am reasonably happy with the craft compression socks I also have

oddjob
    Free Member

i thought there may be some takers for this???

theteaboy
    Free Member

I have some graduated calf guards from here: http://www.redvenom.co.uk

Haven’t tried any others so I cant compare them but they seem to help. And they’re much cheaper than others due to their business model (allegedly!)

pushbikerider
    Free Member

I’ve got some 2XU calf guards which seem to do the job well but they feel quite cheap and are starting to fall apart after a few months use!
    The Compressport ones are fairly well thought of though and seem to be well made (although a bit more expensive), I think I’ll have a look at those next…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve got some skins calf guards.
    I prefer the Orca full tights I’ve got.

oddjob
    Free Member

I don’t really want full tights as I plan to sleep in them. I think I may give the redvenom ones a shot as they are so cheap and if they’re not up to much then try the Compressport ones.

turin
    Free Member

compres sports +1, got the race and recovery ones a year ago and still going well

mooman
    Free Member

skins A400 calf socks.

Been superb. Better quality than normal Skins tights.

cynic-al
    Free Member

“chronic nighttime cramps”?

Surely there must be a cause?

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I just use a double layer of tubigrip at night on my calves. less than a fiver will do both sides.

And if you wanna be a real cheapskate, use it for running too. And if you don’t want to look like your nan, just put your old slack calf guards over the tubigrip when you run 🙂

oddjob
    Free Member

Agreed Al, there must be a reason.

I have always been susceptible to cramps but it has got worse and worse over the last year or so and I don’t really know why. I have constantly twitching calf muscles as well which looks kind of freaky.

I think it may be related to nerve damage caused by a prolapsed disc in my back a couple of years ago. The side that was effected and has the most cramps, my calf is 1.5 cm smaller in circumference

cp

Shame, you missed out on Aldi doing compression socks a few weeks ago. They were £4 a pair! I stocked up… I’ve never used compression before, but as I’m getting back into running after injury, and have been getting sore calf muscles after runs I thought I’d give them a try. Total convert! Much reduced muscle soreness. I don’t sleep in them, but wear them for the rest of the day after a run, and usually the next day.

Not much help to you, but keep an eye out for when Aldi have them!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Compression socks/Calf guard recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.