Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Compact monitors for home DJ
  • simonm
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a really compact set of monitors(active) for home DJ Setup. Have to be wife compatible so very compact, not looking for masses of power just a nice clean sound. Bose possibly ?

Are things like the Dre Pill etc any good ?

thanks for help.

rs
    Free Member

audioengine A2

whatnobeer
    Free Member

M Audio do some nice stuff, not sure if it’ll be small enough. I plug my stuff into a set of Harmon Kardon Soundsticks, which don’t take up too much room and look great. Just a bit of a faff needed with cables to get the audio into them.

Milkie
    Free Member

Another vote for Audioengine A2’s.

I haven’t heard them but… My Dad raves about them and his previous set was Wharfedale speakers the size of washing machines.

It really depends on your budget!

grum
    Free Member
    mboy
    Free Member

M-Audio BX5’s, for the price you can get them for (I paid £135 brand new for mine!) they’re unbeatable, and they’re very compact for a proper monitor. Unlike buying something like the HK soundsticks, you will actually get a proper representation of what is being played too, rather than a bass heavy, posh computer speaker setup.

nickdavies

I use a set of Edirol by Roland monitors, MA-15 were about £125 and great. Dual controllable inputs and very good reference sound considering their small footprint.

mboy
    Free Member

Had a pair of KRK’s like those listed above, they’re not bad but they’re quite big, and they’re not a very natural sound. They’re a little bass heavy.

Replaced them with the (much) cheaper M-Audio BX5’s and they’re a lot better for my needs (small room, can’t make too much noise, need compact speakers).

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Alesis M1 affordable and active speakers.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I know they’re not active but I loved my JBL Control 1’s

trevron73
    Free Member

Look at some Tapco’s. They are the budget brand of Mackie,cost about half of Mackie very tunable to your room size ?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Adam have a great reputation and the ones ive heard are very impressive

simonm
    Free Member

thanks very much, I’ve gone cheep in the end £30 ! But these sound great for the money.
    Beech Active Speakers
    Even a wife friendly colour.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Compact monitors for home DJ’ is closed to new replies.