Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Compact camera with "HD" video. Recommendations please…
  • rockhopper70

not for sports, just family holidays and stuff.
    Thanks

Frankers
    Free Member

Lumix TZ series

druidh
    Free Member

Yeah – a TZ. Clever enough for some nice photos and so simple even my wife can use it.

MadPierre

Sony HX9V. 1080p at 60fps.

mintsauce5
    Free Member

second for the sony , theres one for sale on the av forums website 🙂
    not mine btw i’ve got the hx7v which has slightly less zoom

http://www.avforums.com/forums/digital-camera-camcorder-classifieds/1609031-sale-sony-dsc-hx9v-digital-camera-16mp-16-x-zoom.html

griffster
    Free Member

If it’s for family holidays and stuff, how about one of the “Waterproof” cameras? Not so capable in the zoom department, but more than make up for it in the “The best camera in the world is the one you have with you” department. I think the current pick of the crop is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3. Review here:-
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q311waterproofcompactgrouptest
    It’s a bit on the spendy side for a compact, but I think it’s worth it.

We have the first version – the DMC-TS1 and it’s rugged, durable and gets taken everywhere. I also have a nice Nikon D80 with a 28-200VR lens which only goes out to special events and spends the rest of it’s time in the cupboard (although the lens currently needs repair). It’s takes lovely pictures but I’d never risk taking it to the beach!

rockhopper70

that Sony looks nice.

CountZero

There’s a Lumix TZ-30 coming soon.

mintsauce5
    Free Member

Have a look at some of the reviews of the hx9v it comes out pretty good

juanking

I’ve got the Sony and it really is an ace camera. The movie is top drawer, the photos are good too and has a x16 zoom. Does 3D movies too along with gps tagging if that floats your boat.

CountZero

http://www.buyacamera.co.uk/search.asp?RecId=PANCA5103
    Lumix TZ-30, 20x optical zoom, full 1080p video, yada, yada…

retrorick

I’ve a sony hx9v and it’s excellent. I took 1400 pics in rome and only a handful were duff.
    Video is also very good excellent stabilisation and sound. Spare batteries are also cheap.

Rick.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

+1 on the sony, best for low light

also consider canon Sx220/230

and samsung superzooms are great value

MadPierre

I made this video as my first test when I bought the Sony recently: http://mountainbikerides.co.uk/video/12-leicestershire/419-asfordby-hill-19th-february-2012.html (all except for the timelapse bit was recorded on the Sony)

rockhopper70

it seems a straight choice between the sony hx9v, tz20 and canon sx220.
    they all seem much the same (ish) but the sony possibly edging it on video?

The canon is about £50 less tho with the cashback on at the mo.

Edukator
    Free Member

I bought a Lumix, the expensive one with full HD. Every attempt to use it has failed so far. .3 meg pics when I wanted 14, some menu appears when I press the video record button and I can’t read the message because the sun is too bright to see what’s on the screen, pressing quit menu leaves you in a menu and prssing record is fruitless. If you want something you can switch on and take pictures or video with in the following ten minutes buy soemthing else. If you want to use it in bright sunshine on a snowy day you’ve got no chance.

After the last attempt I put it on the shelf and it’s still there. I’ve told Madame and son that they’re welcome to use it but only so long as I’m not around because I won’t resist taking my 3.5kg splitting maul to the useless pile of junk when they can’t fugure out how to make it take a picture or video.

antigee

I’m with Edukator – the menus on the Lumix lacks any logic for me – use a few functions but if you make a change working out how to change back requires the manual (which come on CD) because none of the menus go where I would expect – i know people who love them but i use mine but a lot less than i would expect and not for want of trying

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Compact camera with "HD" video. Recommendations please…’ is closed to new replies.