Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Commuting without putting your feet down door to door
  • fasthaggis

Commuting without putting your feet down door to door

Yup ,all the time.

It’s how I learned to trackstand .
    If you do it on a city commute ,you soon get good at it.

The early attempts were a nightmare mind 🙄

brooess
    Free Member

urban trackstands are the way forward. especially when you find the sweet spot and just sit there static. Great for getting away ahead of traffic too 🙂

crispybacon
    Free Member

I managed a 14 mile commute into work today with no dabs. That included 13 roundabouts & 8 sets of traffic lights 🙂

Sadly that wasn’t the same going home as some @rse blocked me going up Fore Street in Saltash in his truck & I had to dab 😥

GEDA
    Free Member

I did my commute no handed just for fun. It is only 1.5 miles though. 🙂

woffle
    Free Member

I do my morning commute pretty much without putting a foot down but then it’s at 4am. The roads are empty which makes everything much more pleasant and means trackstanding etc can be done without worrying about toppling sideways under a lorry. The route varies between 12 and 20 miles at the moment…

cynic-al
    Free Member

track stands are well cool…for 15 year-olds.

charliedontsurf

Tried the saucy wink commute but my commute is only one mile nowadays and there was no nice ladies last night. It might be a Swanage thing. Would work well on bournemouth prom with all the yummy mummy joggers. On the plus side I was described as a DILF by a barmaid.
    Today’s saucy wink commute: I shall take pugsley along the beach. That should do the job on such a nice sunny morn.

oxym0r0n

Why trackstand – just go thru the red lights. Easy then
    And get fined £30 – it happened to me!

How did they catch you?

‘Cos I hadn’t checked behind and there was a police man in his big BMW who pulled my friend and I over.

It was, I might add a Pelican crossing with no sign of human beings wishing to cross the road 🙄

MrOvershoot

Not much chance for me even if I had the combined skills of Danny MacAskill and Steve Peat, as the Mersey is in the way @ I can’t ride through the tunnel the underground involves 3 steep flights of steps & 2 escalators + turnstiles & grumpy staff policing any riding fun 🙁

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

No dabs for me, over bridge to main road, over bridge to canal, 13 miles along canal, over bridge and down a street to work.

doom_mountain

No dabs for me, 15 miles without a single set of traffic lights
    One of the reasons I moved up to cumbria 😉

gordon
    Free Member

My commute is 12 miles into Edinburgh. Can sometimes do it in the morning (6am – noone about) but coming back home, no chance. The lights at Tollcross take forever and the thought of me being clipped in and tumbling over always makes me put my foot down! Might have to try it on Monday though.

dazh

Are all you trackstanders riding fixies? I can get from door to door without touching anything no problem on a fixie but it’s much more difficult on a ‘normal’ bike, although not impossible. On a fixie the challenge is to do it without touching anything and without using any brakes.

yoda
    Free Member

Did this last night.
    4 miles through central Bradford.
    Was track standing so well at one set of lights that…..I forgot about the lights!!! 😳
    Cue much hornblowing from the queue of traffic behind me and several obscene comments as drivers passed by me.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Trackstanders are such tryhard showoffs. I tracksit :mrgreen:

muff
    Free Member

doing trackstands at traffic lights makes you look like a massive dong!!

i had a guy doing it next to me at some lights t’other day and I couldn’t help but giggle whilst he heaved and strained to keep himself upright.

it’s not big or clever (or skillful)

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Yes, a few times recently, because I tried because I remembered this thread. I will now try and get out more (as well as putting my feet down less 🙂 )

angryratio
    Free Member

I manage it most mornings on a 10 mile commute.
    Track stands for the win, they need not look like they require effort.

rp16v
    Free Member

iv done a couple of trips whare iv had 1-2 dabs but will try and do a full 15 miles with no dab one end of bristol to the other.

mashiehood
    Free Member

I tried this morning failed badly as there are 56 set of lights on my commute to London

avdave2

There are 6 gates to get through so not much chance of not putting my feet down.

Dibbs
    Free Member

There are 6 gates to get through so not much chance of not putting my feet down.

Same for me on the route I currently take across the Quantocks 😕

avdave2

Same for me on the route I currently take across the Quantocks

I don’t know about you Dibbs but I’m really jealous of these people who get to ride through the traffic on roads to work. My ride home yesterday was so dull that I had to put my feet down several times just to stop and look at the view. 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

I ride fixed, not putting a foot down becomes second nature

donks
    Free Member

7 miles no problems Milton Keynes is all cycle ways so no roads and no stopping.

Coyote
    Free Member

Why trackstand – just go thru the red lights. Easy then

Genius. That won’t piss off other road users will it? Try following the same rules and maybe, just maybe, they might treat you with a bit more respect. But of course, you being you will know better.

meehaja
    Free Member

Easy. I do it fixed as well. Mind you, it is only 2.5 miles door to door and I ride out of my house (down the steps!) and can ride straight into the garage at work if I have my swipe card ready!

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Commuting without putting your feet down door to door’ is closed to new replies.