Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Commuting on a 456 Summer Season
  • jawj
    Free Member

Sadly this isn't a post where I brag on about living in North Vancouver and riding phatsicknarly trails to the office; no, it's just a post about maybe dodging definitely moronic London cabbies maybe in the rain on a definitely inappropriate bike.

On-One's Summer Season – slacktastic head angle with 5" forks on, right?

How about if one sticks in some much shorter, perhaps even rigid, forks: does the bike become a normalish-head-angled steed with a low BB, indestructable and ideal for putting dents in curbstones with?

Uh huh, it's Friday night and I'm using you all to do my thinking for me. Thanks guys.

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

hmmm…how about getting sum old mazocchi am with eta…u can turn the eta on during ur road riding possibly making the bike sharper in traffic? but then off roading is also a possibility

Hairychested
    Free Member

If you want sharp steering just don't. It's an almost-full-sus type of a bike, get a regular 456 (I commuted on a 456SE with Nixons for several months, it was easier to ride through pedestrians than around them).

steelfan
    Free Member

What you really need is a RM Blizzard 20th Anniversary Edition!!

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

I commute on a summer series with 120mm mx comps. Feels fine to me. Slackish, but feels good when your carving round traffic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Commuting on a 456 Summer Season’ is closed to new replies.