Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Commuter mudguard advice required
  • Turnoisier
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend some mudguards for an MTB commuter? I'm currently using a combination of CRUD and SKS 'fenders', but I'd rather have some 'proper' mudguards. Unfortunately, neither the frame nor the forks have mudguard mountings, so the guards need to have fixings something like the SKS raceblades for roadbikes. Incidentally, I've tried modifying raceblades for MTB use, but I'd really like to use a wider tyre than they are able to accommodate (2" Schwalbe marathon supreme).

A search on this form throws up a range of guards that can be used with wider tyres, but none that can be mounted on a frame/forks without eyelets (as far as I can tell…)

All advice gratefully received.

Handsomedog
    Free Member

I've mounted a rack with considerable success on a frame without mounts using P clips. I'm pretty sure the same could be done with mudguards assuming that the fork has a drilled crown and the the rear guard could be zip tied at the BB and seat stay end.

Any good hardware store should be able to sort you out with some P clips of a variety of sizes.

You could then simply run a proper set of guards.

marty
    Free Member

can mount proper mudguards with p-clips and some cable ties.

Turnoisier
    Free Member

Many thanks! I'd never even heard of p-clips…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Commuter mudguard advice required’ is closed to new replies.