Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Commuter MAMIL bingo!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

besuited black guy in the porkpie hat and sunglasses on a BMX. Every shade of cool

That is truly epic! Class.

Also very little proper branded MAMIL action for me today, only a 4. Perhaps the drizzle put them off!

On an aside for the London commuters, a note to Borisists, more notably to Borisettes – There are two options for you here;
    1 – Longer skirts
    2 – More attractive undercrackers

That is all.

bikebouy
    Free Member

No action this morning for me either, light drizzle early on probably put the others off.. Not me though and still in my Rapha LSJ.. I’ve yet to see carbon rims and TTbars anywhere near my commute.
    And only one Woman with a child seat and basket..
    You lot get all the Views..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You lot get all the Views..

Not all of them are good….see above!

molgrips
    Free Member

Is a boris-ist someone actuall on a boris bike?

DezB
    Free Member

I have no idea what MAMIL is, so maybe I’m missing the point, but how the hell can you see what pedals someone is using on their Brompton?
    Either you’re going damn slow or not paying attention. What a silly game.
    My commute is nearly all country roads now, so I hardly see any other riders.
    Did see 3 blokes wearing identical Catlike helmets the other day. They looked stupid.

steve_b77
    Free Member

MAMIL – Middle Aged Men In Lycra

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

MAMIL jackpot tonight by Parliament! A (What is the collective noun for MAMILS?) of them, with so much Assos and deep section carbon I lost track! And then I spotted a four spoke aero front wheel. Dear Lord above, the motherload! 🙂

mooo
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    Walked home last night……..

TT bars
    Race numbers
    team kit x 3
    world championship jersey

Hipsters may not have made it to Reading on their Fixies, but mamils have!

Hmm, there used to be a guy who rode into Reading down the Wokingham road on a singlespeed track bike with aero wheels, hardly see any SSers there though. Think I saw somebody on a mongoose maurice the other day but most of them are on old canti mtbs 😛

steve_b77
    Free Member

I claim the win today, Victoria bus station, White single speed hipster wagon, deep section rims, silly narrow bars ridden by I can only assume a member of the once great Lampre team judging by his full team kit! Although he may have been on a recovery ride as he was wearing running shoes.

allthepies
    Free Member

The bar is raised high with that one steve.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve seen that chap before, Steve! Awesomeness personified!

A big fat zero for me today. But then my commute was through kitchen to collect coffee and in to study to work, so not really likely to see much!

Coleman
    Free Member

“I claim the win today, Victoria bus station, White single speed hipster wagon, deep section rims, silly narrow bars ridden by “

Ha! Ha! Apart from being near Victoria bus station that could describe one of my commuters !

Just hope I never have the misfortune to meet any of the bigoted asshooools on this thread while on my commute.
    It’s all cycling peoples, live and let live eh!

Shandy
    Free Member

Yeah some people take things way too seriously.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Shandy – Member
    Yeah some people take things way too seriously.

Indeed they do…..

My main spot today – Some idiot around Victoria on a triple clamped Enduro. In flip-flops. 😳

bikebouy
    Free Member

I was overtaken on my way to the station (I was on my Dahon) by a chappie on an FELT F1 (with a decent setup,SRAM Red etc.), whilst he was smoking..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

FELT F1 (with a decent setup,SRAM Red etc.), whilst he was smoking..

1,000 points if it was either a pipe or a big cigar! 🙂

My morning highlight was a Rohloffed Nicolai on Blackfriars Bridge. Gnaar.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

on a triple clamped Enduro. In flip-flops

Nipping to the shop for a paper? 5-10s not dried out from the night before? His behaviour doesn’t make him an idiot. Criticising it does make you sound like one.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*ourkidsam misses the joke totally….*
    He was riding back from the bike shop, where he’d just had his forks refitted after a service
    Too late to pop out for a paper
    His FiveTens are perfectly dry as he’s been a little too busy to get out on a proper ride recently. Besides, it hasn’t rained in ages.
    He had a curry in the slow cooker he was looking forward to getting home to
    He had a nice bottle of Ubu with the curry

(Writing about yourself in the third person is rather odd, don’t you think? 😉 )

molgrips
    Free Member

Hey I saw a “fixie twunt” in Munich the other day. Not too bad – dressed fairly normally and a plain black bike, but he had bars narrower than his hips which spoiled it all for me. That cannot be comfortable, he must only have done it to try and look cool surely?

And surely flats and fixed is not a good combo?

the motherload!

It’s ‘motherlode’ btw.

steve_b77
    Free Member

My morning highlight was a Rohloffed Nicolai on Blackfriars Bridge. Gnaar.

I know who that is, he’s the UK importer of Nicolai 😀

partyboy
    Free Member

*ourkidsam misses the joke totally….*

What joke?

Stoner
    Free Member

the 😳 smiley is confessional, partyboy.

bikebouy
    Free Member

No pipe nor cigar just simple “fag” what made it worse was he got in front of me and exhaled and I got a mouthful of his secondhand puff..
    Urgh!!

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Oh 😳

As you were

allthepies
    Free Member

There’s a bloke on a Brompton does the same Waterloo -> Blackfriars route as me daily. He lights up a ciggie on exiting the station and puffs away as he cycles. No problem with that, it’s a good incentive to overtake him otherwise I have to inhale his evil smoke 🙂

downshep

I always wear lycra while commuting, regardless of whether I’m on the mtb with slicks or doing the school run on the Ute. I do get some funny looks at the nursery when I pick up the kids on the Ute. Perhaps I should get them matching kit for that ‘miniMAMIL’ look.

simondbarnes

Spotted on today’s commute 😉

MAMIL

Dancake
    Free Member

all I get is chaps riding very slowly with a fag on

matt_outandabout

What else do we need to add?

Short eared owl
    Red deer
    Osprey
    Rodent, I think a vole
    Red squirrel
    Massey Ferguson Type 35
    Inebrieated local resident
    Snow

No other cars, no other bikes, no other people

Stoner
    Free Member

Lots of spectacles this morning.

Started off on the way through Little Venice with a MAMIL in head to toe Team Discovery lycra…on a hybrid with bar ends. Showing commitment to The Commute that I think we can all appreciate.

Made good 100 yrds later by a beautiful natascha mcelhone-a-like on a white roadie wearing 3/4 lycra. I fell in love 🙁

And then it appears the entire Household Cavalry thought rushhour would be a great time to cross Hyde Park Corner in a 400yrd column of slow moving dog food causing seven shades of gridlock.

The Mall is all fuzzed-up and lined with star-spangled-banners. Must remember to keep clear of the area today when riding around at luncthime.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My commute on Tuesday evening was a special one, which I shall remember for some time….It involved sitting in a traffic jam alongside Sophie Marceau for a couple of minutes. Marvellous.

This morning was a mixed bag, bar the low pro fixie with deep section carbons. Fixie/MAMIL cross breeding giong on?

scaredypants

is it safe to google sophie marceau at work ?

or else, who’s sophie marceau ??

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member
    is it safe to google sophie marceau at work ?

It is.

or else, who’s sophie marceau ??

You’ve been missing out. She’s a rather delightful French actress…..

Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Commuter MAMIL bingo!’ is closed to new replies.