Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Commencal Super 4 or 4x? Anyone running one?
  • phildowling
    Free Member

Anyone using a Super 4 or the 4x model? The geomentry is the same near enough on both the frames. 4X is beefier and has the ISCG mounts

Anyone running either of these frames? Looking at general duties from natural XC to trail center razzing. I'm only little so have no seat tube issues with the 4x

phildowling
    Free Member

No one running either if these then?

Noworries
    Free Member

Afternoon!

I have a 2009 meta 4x (not cracked yet) and I use it as my only bike. I dont do anything more advanced then whites level at afan yet, but it is great fun. It is possible to pedal up hills, and blast down them, with the short frame that I use making it feel really agile. I'm only a shortarse myself, so no issues with saddle height.

joblessmonkeyboy
    Free Member

Yeah i have a super 4 VIP in lumi green. Great bike for uk trails, been all over the trail centres in wales and also a few xc races. I have the large being a bigish fella but still desends really well. I think the wheelbase is quite long and the bottom bracket is low. Ive put 120mm fox forks on and it works really welll.

FOG

I have a super 4 which gets used for long days out in the peaks and yorkshire dales for which it is ideal. It loves singletrack and copes easily with most trail centres. It is surprisingly good downhill for a 4" bike. I know Comm were pushing it as a marathon bike but it makes a good all round trail bike. If you plunge off cliffs you might consider a little more suspension!

phildowling
    Free Member

The Super 4 is really tempting as the 4x may be a bit short in the top tube and some of my guiding routes in the Mid Wales would be a bugger without granny ring.
    The Super seems to be good fun to razz round on aswell 🙂

Thinking of running my Pikes on it. Any pics of yours with 120's on Joblessmonkeyboy?

joblessmonkeyboy
    Free Member

no pictures as yet, might try and sort some out soon

langy
    Free Member

FYI the 2010 is specced with 120 forks…

ride an 08 Meta4; love it – rear is very plush, only on full on DH trails that I want for more travel.

brianbrian
    Free Member

I 'had' an 09 Super 4 (bright green one) and the suspension collapsed and nearly broke me also on The Beast at Coed-d-Brenin. However they replaced it under warrantee so now have the team white 2010 one. They perform brilliantly on UK XC stuff, extreemly stable but fast also. Questionable build quality! Running 100mm forks on the 2010 one and it works ok.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Commencal Super 4 or 4x? Anyone running one?’ is closed to new replies.