Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Commencal Meta 5.5 – wot size?!
  • sparkingchains
    Free Member

I'm thinking of buying a Meta 5.5 frame but having not ridden one yet was wondering if I'd need an L or XL. I've only seen an L in person which looked surprisingly small. I'm 6 ft 2. Any ideas?

Anyone got any nice pics of an XL too?

retro83
    Free Member

Yes they do come up quite small.
    I probably should have had a large but the medium felt more fun. I'm 5 11

woodey
    Free Member

Not what you're after but I have a large (08) and I am 5'11-6ft, could probably manage with a medium but would have a lot of seat post showing and that has its risks (cracking frames). I have longer legs and a shorter body.
    I will probably fit a shorter stem at some point and seat is quite far forward on the rails. I think at your height you are probably on the border too, depends if you like a more stretched out position and if you are long/short legged.

Great bike!

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

6'3" here, and long limbs.
    Went for a large.
    Wasn't quite happy with the riding position with the standard 350mm seat post at minimum insertion, so bought a 400mm one which I run at 2 to 3 cm above the min mark. Now very happy thankyou.

Yep, agreed they look small but the angle of the seat tube ensures you get enough length in the cockpit corresponding to the height.
    My other bike's a 21" rockhopper so I was previously quite used to a stretched out gate of a thing.
    Despite initial misgivings (mainly what my eyes were telling me) I'm now pretty much sold that I made the right decision on sizing.

Lemony
    Free Member

6'2" here and I ride a large, XL felt far too big for me.

Cammer
    Free Member

running a 2008 XL here, but am 6'4"

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Ok thanks guys, as you say the slack seat tube angle must level out the short top tube. Think I need to get a ride on both the L and XL. An XL with a short stem might work for me. Cheers for the pics too!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Commencal Meta 5.5 – wot size?!’ is closed to new replies.