Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Comfortable and affordable saddle?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

Currently got a Charge Spoon on my Giant STP hardtail. Bike is set up as a “4X” bike I guess (pic here: http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/4578852/), saddle is at a better andle now.

Mainly used for jumps/pumptracks/odd trail/general “hoonin”, but do the odd XC ride, and I’ve noticed the saddle really isnt very comfy when sat on it for long times (dont use padded shorts).

So, would like to get a new saddle. Comfy, looks half decent (ie slim etc), and not too pricey (ideally under £30, dont mind if thats second hand).

After a quick search around, a couple suggestions are the WTB Silverado, and the Fizik Gobi (although apparently it doesnt last long).

Any recommendations?

If anyone has anything for sale which might be suitable, please gimme a shout 😀

Ta, Duane.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

Without padded shorts there are not really many saddles that are comfy for long rides.

Well, maybe those massive 1 foot wide gel ones 😉

kimbers

wtbs always seem good to my bum

PJM1974
    Free Member

Whatever you plan to spend on a saddle should at the very least be matched with a spend on padded shorts.

colournoise

Ragley Cheeky.

Good with or without padded shortage.

slainte 8) rob

flow
    Free Member

SDG Bel Air’s are very comfy

Northwind

I never wear padded shorts, and was always very comfy on the Spoon. Which probably isn’t all that helpful! I switched to the Knife which I find even more comfy, it’s just the right shape for me but that might not suit you at all.

flow
    Free Member

Buy some padded shorts, then you will find all saddles a lot more comfy.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Got a WTB Silverado you could have for £15 posted. Light, comfy good shape even without padded wotsits.

email in profile 🙂

coolhandluke
    Free Member

+1 for SDG Bel Air saddles.

I own 2 ti rail versions. bought for £30 each on offer!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Comfortable and affordable saddle?’ is closed to new replies.