Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Comedy crashes from the student champs at Moelfre
  • kimbers

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/crash-bang-wallop-bucs.html
    [video]http://vimeo.com/21034147[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

Only Vimeo and Youtube works with the Vid tags.

Edit: As you have realised 😉

thepurist

If only someone at STW towers had seen this and taken the time to post it on the front page of the site a few hours ago… 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Will look later….am hoping to see the gangly form of Pinches of this parish as one of the crashers…! 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Heh….Wally nails it.

kimbers

If only someone at STW towers had seen this and taken the time to post it on the front page of the site a few hours ago…

well its funny enough to stick up again 😀

xcgb
    Free Member

Funniest vid for ages

is it steeper or slipperier than it looks?

wwaswas

probably both but the number of people who are still sat on the saddle as they go over the bars indicates there’s a skills deficit in operation too…

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

It looks sketchy, but not so bad, three people blast through it, no issues, so it’s not a total death-trap. As above, most of the crashes are people coming into it too fast and then jamming on the front brake while being stood up with weight forward rather than back.

5lab

busas xc is historically a load of roadies trying their hardest, with a few mtbers thrown in for good measure. I’m guessing this was the bottom of the dh course as well, but does look like even more carnage than normal. Good work

Northwind

I liked the way some riders could combine not finding any rear wheel grip and just locking up, with finding enough front wheel grip to catapult themselves into space. Still you have to bear in mind that things are harder on racy XC bikes with skinny tyres etc, especially at race pace when you’re already knackered, things unravel quite fast.

Some of those bystanders were not totally helpful :mrgreen:

fbk
    Free Member

To be fair, I think this is a pretty steep loose section that used to provide plenty of crash footage when used as part of the DH track.

There’s certainly some excellent examples of XC Jeycore riding ability though 😉

sharkbait
    Free Member

great vid …… made my day :mrgreen:

organic355
    Free Member

are they drunk?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

organic355 – Member
    are they drunk?

They’re students, what do you think? 😉

j_me
    Free Member

Brilliant – the guy in yellow at 2:47. Brilliant!
    Sorry if you are on here but that cracked me up. Nice Catch

el_diablo
    Free Member

loving the bloke with the front triangle rattling it in peoples ears! Brilliant!

Lifer
    Free Member

Cheered me up after a crappy day at work! Just look at the erosion though…

*runs away giggling*

njee20
    Free Member

The Student champs are a great event, most people are recreational riders, there’s 10-15 good riders at the front, it’s always carnage, 200 riders mass start, usually involves the DH course, lots of drunk students heckling, great fun!

Oggles
    Free Member

It was a great laugh watching! Good fun riding too, if a little bit larey. I can’t stop watching the video though, what a train wreck. As suggested above the camera doesn’t quite capture the gradient of the hill. Or the gallons of water that had been poured onto the track 😉 It would probably make some of the ‘stw armchair pinners and senders’ sweat.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Brilliant!
    😀

IainGillam
    Free Member

The course was a lot steeper than it looked in the video but saying that it was perfectly ridable. However, once a few bodies on the floor and some quality spectators (best bit about BUCS) had been thrown into the mix it was a different story. With a clear-ish track I managed to make it down fine each lap and I’m basically a roadie. A mate, who is much better on the tech stuff, crashed a few times trying to avoid the carnage.

Iain

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Comedy crashes from the student champs at Moelfre’ is closed to new replies.