Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Coloured Maxle Lite
  • richen987
    Free Member

does anyone know if there are any aftermarket complanies doing coloured Maxle replacement skewers/kits.
    a quick google search turned up nothing
    seems you can get anything anodised/ colored aftermarket but not these?
    am i wrong?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Is there any point? You cant see most of it.

richmtb

Of course there is a point my rear QR is red and my Maxle is black.

Like the OP I’ve looked and not found any coloured ones, gap in the market for someone

argyle
    Free Member

paint it with nail varnish

richen987
    Free Member

Richmtb – exactly, just think it would be nice, i was surprised superstar or someone were not offerring them.
    might just take one to an anodisers and see what they can do

I_Ache
    Free Member

I think (and I might be wrong) with a small amount of bodging you can use a new style Hope rear QR on your Maxle forks.

I have been meaning to give it a go just out of interest but I’ve not got round to it yet. And my QR’s are black so it wouldn’t really show up so there is no point.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Pretty sure my mate snapped the QR axle bit in the centre of a Maxle and bodged it by using a normal QR with the end cap taken off and screwed into the end cap of the Maxle QR.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Of course there is a point my rear QR is red and my Maxle is black.

I think you need to re-evaluate your priorities.

cynic-al
    Free Member

half term again so soon?

scruzer
    Free Member

I put up similar post a while back. Yeah bring on some funky colours (life can be dull enough at times). Putting this aside and referring to my original post I think an aftermarket upgrade could be better engineered. My current maxle is already mashed as the ‘cup’ where the lever sits gnarls it up every time its tightened. Come on Hope!

pastcaring
    Free Member

paint it.

Northwind

OTOH, black QRs are available.

You could get it custom anodised if it’s really important to you.

richen987
    Free Member

it is not important, just wondered if anyone did one as it seems you can get just about anything else after-market and anodised, and with most of the new long travel forks having 15mm or Maxle lite systems that someone would be doing a coloured aftermarket kit by now.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Coloured Maxle Lite’ is closed to new replies.