Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Coloured gear cables?
  • mr_mills
    Free Member

I want to put some tarty coloured outers on my gear cables but there doesn't seem to be much about other than the Jagwire kits which are no good as I have full length outers.

Does anyone use BMX linear brake cable outer on their gear cables? You can get these in lots of colours.

druidh
    Free Member

I've used heatshrink over the outers….
    http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/heatshrink-online

mamadirt
    Free Member

Does anyone use BMX linear brake cable outer on their gear cables? You can get these in lots of colours.

Yep, despite being frowned upon 😉 they work absolutely fine . . . even better with Middleburn cable oilers insitu. Only difference between BMX linear brake (as opposed to spiral wound) outers and gear outers is the diameter (BMX linear is slightly larger, 5mm as opposed to 4mm).

mr_mills
    Free Member

Then I shall get some.

People will frown, but inside they will be smiling at my gayly coloured cables 8)

Lactic
    Free Member

Good god, those ebay cables are some sort of anti-theft device surely? 😯

mr_mills
    Free Member

Mine aren't going to be quite as gay as that.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/m/cycle/7/Nokon/
    I've got red on one bike and gold on the other.
    My cunning plan is that when I replace the liners and have to thread all the coloured segments back on to the new liner, I will mix up the left over segments from one cable set in with the other and have red and gold striped cables.
    How cool is that. 8)

epicyclo

Try this bloke. I've bought a few things from him and it comes quick enough.

Duane…
    Free Member

Careful using BMX outer, it often comes in pretty short lengths.

scruzer
    Free Member

Goodridge do full range and great too. Check CRC

scruzer
    Free Member

Ah! Sorry outer gears only black,carbon, white. I was thinking of their hoses. Sorry

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Coloured gear cables?’ is closed to new replies.