Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Colorado -> Utah -> Arizona MTB Trip Report
  • zinger
    Free Member

Hi All,

You may remember a few months back i posted some pictures from my last trip state side – where I rode some of the best XC trails in those states

Well I’ve now done a very comprehensive write up and have posted it to my web site

http://www.mtb-hol.com

Lots of pictures like this for each days riding

Also is anyone thinking about a doing a trip out to Colorado in September – as I’m heading out there for 2 weeks this year, and there several epic high level rides ‘d like to do that really need to have shuttles setup for them as you end up on the other side of mountain pass’s after riding upto 40 miles – and a loose hookup with an another group to do these rides would e pretty good.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Had a quick skim and it looks amazing… lucky bugger! Good job with the site, will have a better look a bit later.

ps44
    Free Member

Zinger, I have a friend who lives in Denver who does loads of riding and may be a useful contact. He’s always up for an adventure !

climbingcragrat
    Free Member

Great site. Really inspirational and got me planning….

What Ellsworth bike are you riding? An Epiphany or a Moment? Certainly my American friends all seem to ride 6″ bikes while here it seems we can get away with 5″.

My son just suggests getting an extra bike for trips abroad but that is hard to justify…

zinger
    Free Member

Hey ps44
    Could you email me your mates contact details (my emails on my website) – if he’s interested in doing a a ride or two in september – mind you he will need to put up with me gasping like a fish going up the hills 😀
    A denver contact would be very handy
    thanks
    Zinger

zinger
    Free Member

climbingcragrat

I’ve got an epiphany and its got all the travel I need while still being nice and light – but I dont tend to go off down anything too gnarly

When your out on a long trip the last thing you want to do is crash hard on stuff that requries more than 4″ of travel, so I tend to ride in quite a timid fashion – getting off for anything I’m not 100% sure I’ll clear.

Plus the trails i like in the states usually require quite a bit of uphill riding to earn any downhill and my epiphany goes really well up hill

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Some nice pics on the site buddy – I’m going out to California again (went last year) this year and going to spend some more time at the spots we really loved! Have a good trip!

deserter
    Free Member

I’ve put that in my bookmarks as I intend on hitting AZ this year, we did Moab at the begining of Oct this year and did the Hazard County ride twice, absolutely loved it, like you say though the ride back to Chili’s is pretty cack so the 2nd time we went from Spider bike shop but they wouldn’t pick us up from the end of Porcupine Rim

best biking I’ve ever done in Moab though just truely amazing, like the Peaks but dry and a bit more technical

ps44
    Free Member

ygm

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Colorado -> Utah -> Arizona MTB Trip Report’ is closed to new replies.