Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Cor blimey! It's a right Pea-Souper and no mistake guvner!
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

(Puts on child’s chimney-sweep outfit)

I live less than a mile from Canary Wharf, and I can’t see the big flashing strobe at the top. Visibility is down to less than 200m.

This is what happens when people vote Tory, sadly. A return to the choking smog of yesteryear. I expect I shall wake up tomorrow and there will be no NHS. 🙁

We’re all in it together….

pennine
    Free Member

200m visibility! that’s a bit of mist oop north 😉

ton

soft southern shandy drinking shyte………….. 🙄

muddydwarf
    Free Member

They need the fog so they can continue pretending other Londoners don’t exist! 😉

druidh
    Free Member

ton – Member
    soft southern shandy drinking shyte…………..

That’s easy for you to say….

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Classic milk stealing diversionary tactics.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Lolz at the Northerners sketch that was just on TV. I liked the Royal Henley Northerners Show. In particular Down’T’Pit Bull Terrier and Hull Kingston Rover 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I live less than a mile from Canary Wharf

Posh git.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Shut up; I live in one of the most deprived areas in the UK. You live in Surrey, ffs.

Don’t I’m too upset.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I live in one of the most deprived areas in the UK.

Well I’m surprised you can afford to eat after paying these rents :

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/property/canary-wharf/

Although you’re right about Croydon ……….it’s well upmarket

ton

fred, what area do you live in?

carbon337
    Free Member

Holy shit 12k per month….wtf

I’m a bit naive up here in rural Northumberland

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

fred, what area do you live in?

Do you not have Google Oop North? 🙄

ton

no, i was just curious

trailmonkey

i didn’t know you got weather in cities

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member
    Elfinsafety
    Free Member

For Ton:

mintimperial

Yer not wrong. I’ve just got back in, riding around the Pennines in it was… interesting.

It was made all the more interesting by my specs steaming up, something which I didn’t actually realise was happening until I stopped to put some gloves on and realised I couldn’t actually see my hands. Spent the rest of the ride wiping them every thirty seconds or so, very inconvenient.

Right on the tops you could see the moon, though, that was pretty ace.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Actually, if you do watch EastEnders, apparently the zoom-out at the end, on 26th March this year originated from my estate!!! 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JKfHvTTNUg[/video]

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Shut up Ernie.

skidartist
    Free Member

200m visibility – thats not fog. My mum grew up in London – fog was when she couldn’t see them ceiling inside St Pauls.

the-muffin-man

Cor blimey! It’s a right Pea-Souper and no mistake guvner!

…its been as thick-as-a-bag in Derbyshire too – and there are still plebs driving with just side lights on!

Can anyone explain why there are so many people who think driving with just side-lights on is acceptable in the fog or the dark. If you are one of them please turn your lights switch just one more notch, you don’t use any more leccy – thank you!

grtdkad
    Free Member

Managed to get above the fog yesterday on the Malvern Hills, was just one of those days, clear blue skies looking down on the clouds…and only a handful of walkers.

allthegear
    Free Member

you don’t use any more leccy

lol – now that’s magic!!!

Rachel

cynic-al
    Free Member

you don’t use any more leccy – thank you!

you actually do. Apologies for the pointless pedantry.

coffeeking
    Free Member

…its been as thick-as-a-bag

Every bag I’ve ever owned has been <3mm thick?

the-muffin-man

you actually do. Apologies for the pointless pedantry.

But there’s a thing called an alternator which provides more than enough electrical power.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You’ll be pleased to know that it has now lifted, and I can now see the majesty of Canary Wharf. What joy.

My mum grew up in London – fog was when she couldn’t see them ceiling inside St Pauls.

The old smog was truly nasty, and caused deaths. This was just collapsed clouds.

Funny that last night, I could see the moon, but not the end of the street or the light on CW tower. The blanket of fog can be quite shallow. I remember living on the 19th floor of a tower-block; looking out of the window and not being able to see the ground was quite unnerving, and the sight of the other two blocks nearby, just faintly, was quite surreal.

coffeeking
    Free Member

But there’s a thing called an alternator which provides more than enough electrical power.

Only by using more fuel, unless your car is a perpetual motion machine 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Just remembered being on the 30th floor of a building on 5th Avenue, NY. Couldn’t see the ground, couldn’t see the tops of other buildings, just sections floating in the mist. Very discombobulating…

Sandwich

It’s all winter veg soup here. I’ve just finished making it, yum.

CountZero

Elfin, nice aerial pic of Canary Wharf. Some would argue that being hidden in the fog is a Good Thing. You’re nice and handy for gigs at the O2 and Indigo 2. I’ve got to travel 100 miles up the M4 then right across London Village.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Cor blimey! It's a right Pea-Souper and no mistake guvner!’ is closed to new replies.