Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Cold genitals (road content)
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

MTB in winter is OK, legwarmers and Endura 3/4’s take care of the warmth factor, but on the road bike i can layer up my torso/arms/legs but around the genitalia is one layer of (albeit fleecy) Lycra – the windchill factor is most unpleasant on cold days!
    Ive tried shorts with unpadded biblongs over the top but found they rubbed me raw by moving against each other, so please tell me a solution!

hammyuk
    Free Member

Columbia Omniheat – prepare to be amazed 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Was even considering tigerbalm!
    It feels like having ice water poured down my groin when going downhill – really horrible feeling when you are trying to concentrate on descending safely.

enfht
    Free Member

Roadies have genitals?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Considering I spent most of last winter sat in a harness at 100mts in the air I was actually going to call them and ask for the heating to be turned down!
    For perspective – crap circulation, low body fat and a lifelong sufferer of cold effects on hands, etc.
    Using that stuff has changed a lot of things 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Buy some tights without a pad to go over your usual shorts #toptip

kilo

+1 bib tights with no pad over bib shorts,

epicyclo

enfht – Member
    Roadies have genitals?

It’s unusual.

Their intake of special “vitamins” usually causes atrophy, or they have them removed along with their ears for aerodynamic and WW reasons. 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Columbia stuff looks good – but Odin’s tears its expensive!

matt_outandabout

Cut this down to ‘shape’?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Not from the Outlet Store it isn’t 😉

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Wearing a third sock has helped me in the past.

warpcow
    Free Member

Craft do some magic underpants with a Windstoppper front.

oldgit
    Free Member

Roubaix style unpadded over shorts. Thing is it’s not been cold yet and I’ve never come across this problem.

Ooops can’t see how they rub, sounds like very loose clothing? They should be tight enough so you have to roll them on. They don’t move about like trousers, they move/stretch with your body.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Not had the problem yet this season, thinking back to jan/feb this year and how uncomfortable i was & not wanting to feel it again.
    I have some Polaris cool-max padded under shorts and wore them with a set of unpadded biblongs, somehow managed to rub myself raw right under my testicles – the last 20 miles home was quite unpleasant 🙁

clubber
    Free Member

That sounds more like an issue with a specific ride or maybe the particular combo of shorts / tights . Loads of people ride with shorts under tights with no problems.

moonsaballoon

I had this last winter , not pleasant . I stuffed a buff or a one of those endura merino skull caps down my winter bibs . Did the trick but you did have to adjust every now and then

Haze

Longs over shorts but with some arse lard to stop the rubbing?

beagle
    Free Member

Tuck it in the top of your sealskin socks.

maccruiskeen

andrewh
    Free Member

Non padded tights over padded shorts usually works for me.
    However, I much prefer shrivelling to the kind of red raw feeling I sometimes get, fortunately shriveling is the most common, the raw feeling really only happens when it’s wet as well as cold

maccruiskeen

maccruiskeen

c’mon!, every bodies wearing them

vickypea
    Free Member

Why don’t you simply try Roubaix lined bib tights?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Already have Roubaix lined tights, still cold in the wind though.

maxlite
    Free Member

Get on the drops, they are then tucked in out of the cold 🙂

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Get on the drops, they are then tucked in out of the cold

Only if your belly is big enough 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I weigh 9 stone wet through – no belly on me 🙂

crazy-legs

I’d guess that your shorts and/or tights are too big if they’re rubbing. Snug fit should mean that any slight movement is between the shorts and the tights, not between the shorts and you.

Unpadded tights over padded bibshorts is the standard roadie attire at this time of year, it’s not like you’re trying something brand new! Certainly never been a problem for me.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Just the job….

willy warmer by wobbliscott, on Flickr

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Cold genitals (road content)’ is closed to new replies.